RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Esky Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/)
-   -   ........."BELT-CP THREAD"........ (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/6427888-%22belt-cp-thread%22.html)

aircrash 11-11-2011 08:58 PM

RE: .........

Thank you Markus.
I will have to do much work on the Belt. I`m waiting a swashplate leveler also, I should have bought it initially.
I`ll give a try to the Blade 450 factory settings too (built in to the DX6i). Some say the Belt flies nicely with these settings (I think mostly the throttle and pitch curve, expo). Of course I`ll adjust any setting that must be adjusted (subtrims, endpoints, etc).

Good luck on the gyro/servo combo. But I think you have gone the safe side, good choice.

aircrash 11-11-2011 10:04 PM

Hi again Markus,
I saw some videos about el-panel on a DX6i. It looks good. I don`t know about if the range is limited though out of any interference of the inverter.
So, which panel and which inverter did you went with? As I see they sell mostly 12V DC inverters. Or maybe it does not matter as the panel surface is small so it will be still light up?

Markus8 11-11-2011 10:08 PM

<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">ok but check out the tail servo so the gyro and the receiver works fine with each other. I suggest you to slow and carefully move the tail servo at each endpoints back and forth in a couple of minutes to be sure everything is in the way it should. I was going almost the same path as you and crashed because I didn't have paid attention the glitches in the tail servo.<div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; ">
</div><div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; ">I would like to hear a report later how it's going if everything goes fine :).</div><div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; ">
</div><div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; ">By the way if any is after a metal main rotor head set and the metal tail rotor from CopterX I found out a special offer with 70% off, I just ordered two of these.</div>http://www.hobby-usa.com/shop/produc...5cmfk6eal6nia5<table style="width: 960px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); padding-top: 6px; color: rgb(105, 105, 105); font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; " align="center" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="maincont_tb siteWidth"><tr><td style="font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; "><table style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); padding-top: 6px; " class="maincont_tb" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" border="0"><tr><td style="font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; padding-top: 2px; padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 5px; " class="maincont_mid_td" valign="top" width="100%"><form style="display: inline; " method="post" action="http://www.hobby-usa.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=447&amp;products_id=9687&am p;action=add_product&amp;&amp;osCsid=76scs9fr2pnq5 cmfk6eal6nia5" name="cart_quantity"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" border="0"/></form></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></div>

Markus8 11-11-2011 10:20 PM

<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; ">I went for the El Panel Skyblue Neon Back Light Board 12V DC Inverter from Ebay but I'm not sure if it's  the one I am after. If it's not I'm gonna ask tony from rc-help which one that he got. </div>

biker dude 11-14-2011 10:41 AM

Hi Spiros, Thank you for the info on the BEC UBEC, I'm assuming that it's the same as the ESC? As in it's just used to control throttle?

Philly, I was using the throttle only to make the heli zoom up. I'm gathering that this is not the thing to do. :( It still scares me to put the heli in sport mode because of the time I flipped it in my back yard and lost control of it.

Lastly, does anyone know what the glue is that they use to attach the heat sink to the ESC?

Thanks guys,

Bryan<br type="_moz"/>

biker dude 11-14-2011 10:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Markus8

<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">ok but check out the tail servo so the gyro and the receiver works fine with each other. I suggest you to slow and carefully move the tail servo at each endpoints back and forth in a couple of minutes to be sure everything is in the way it should. I was going almost the same path as you and crashed because I didn't have paid attention the glitches in the tail servo.<div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; "></div><div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; ">I would like to hear a report later how it's going if everything goes fine :).</div><div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; "></div><div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; ">By the way if any is after a metal main rotor head set and the metal tail rotor from CopterX I found out a special offer with 70% off, I just ordered two of these.</div>http://www.hobby-usa.com/shop/produc...5cmfk6eal6nia5<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" class="maincont_tb siteWidth" style="width: 960px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); padding-top: 6px; color: rgb(105, 105, 105); font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; "> <tbody> <tr> <td style="font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; "> <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" class="maincont_tb" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); padding-top: 6px; "> <tbody> <tr> <td width="100%" valign="top" class="maincont_mid_td" style="font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; padding-top: 2px; padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 5px; "> <form name="cart_quantity" action="http://www.hobby-usa.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=447&amp;products_id=9687&am p;action=add_product&amp;&amp;osCsid=76scs9fr2pnq5 cmfk6eal6nia5" method="post" style="display: inline; "> <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"> </table> </form> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table></div>
Dang Markus! thats a good buy on that main rotor and tail assembly. I almost bought a set just to have on hand.

aircrash 11-14-2011 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: biker dude

Hi Spiros, Thank you for the info on the BEC UBEC, I'm assuming that it's the same as the ESC? As in it's just used to control throttle?

Lastly, does anyone know what the glue is that they use to attach the heat sink to the ESC?
Hi Bryan,

Well, an ESC usually has a built in BEC, but that`s not necessary, it may have no built in BEC.
If it has a built in BEC then it may have either a linear mode or a switch mode BEC (switch mode is better).
It may have a 2amp BECthat is usually working on linear mode, or a 3amp BEC that is usually working on switch mode.
Usually an up to 30A ESChas a 2amp linear mode BEC and from 40A ESC and above there is usually a 3amp switch mode BEC, but that`s not necessarily related.
The BECis not controlling the motor speed, that`s the ESC`s job. ABEC is only regulating the voltage to usually 5V, so to power the receiver/servo/gyro, no matter what battery we use (3S, 4S, 6S, etc)

The glue is a Thermally Conductive Adhesive and there is available to some types. Depending on the conductivity efficiency, maximum working temperature allowance, thickness of the bonding (large or thin gap between the component and the heatsink) and some other factors.
http://solutions.3mrussia.ru/wps/por...poxyAdhesives/
Ihave used Loctite Output 315 in the past to a PCmotherboard.

Spiros

biker dude 11-14-2011 12:51 PM

Thank you Spiros. :)

aircrash 11-14-2011 12:54 PM

You`re welcome Bryan.

My ebay Trex -clone- 450V2 metal head has arrived. From a first look it seems a good one but Ihave not dismantled it so to see if it uses bearings to every link.
Once Isee it`s a worthy one I may buy another one as it seems it is cheap enough to have in hands two of them. I should had bought a head - tail combo though. As the tail would be used to a 450 clone or after modding the belt pulley even on the Belt-CP, if I could manage to do a pulley modding.
Iguess I went (too) cheap. Next time I`ll buy a combo.

biker dude 11-14-2011 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: aircrash

You`re welcome Bryan.

My ebay Trex -clone- 450V2 metal head has arrived. From a first look it seems a good one but Ihave not dismantled it so to see if it uses bearings to every link.
Once Isee it`s a worthy one I may buy another one as it seems it is cheap enough to have in hands two of them. I should had bought a head - tail combo though. As the tail would be used to a 450 clone or after modding the belt pulley even on the Belt-CP, if I could manage to do a pulley modding.
Iguess I went (too) cheap. Next time I`ll buy a combo.

You shouldbe very happy with the new rotor head. I have had my clone head for about 6 months or so and I have not had any problems with it. Each time I crash it never breaks and all I have to do is retune it and all is good. I am however using the Trex sport tail assembly on my EXI Trex clone. The other ones I had tried (but not the Copterx one which is supposed to be very good) kept flying apart on me. The more I stay in this hobby, the more I learn that it is good to have good componants on the heli. Now I have to wait for my new ESC to arrive so I can get back in the air.
I am so addicted to this hobby it is crazy!
B.

phillyD 11-14-2011 03:06 PM

Philly, I was using the throttle only to make the heli zoom up. I'm gathering that this is not the thing to do. :( It still scares me to put the heli in sport mode because of the time I flipped it in my back yard and lost control of it.

Thanks guys,

Bryan<br type="_moz" />

Brother Bryan LOL
I was the most scardy-est to do that. As I said you will let the pitch of the rotor blades do that. Now you need to start learning the right thing from now, now you can hover and so on. There are two ways to do it..1 before take off and 2 while flying. I prefer soon after lift off and in a hover. It will involve adjusting your pitch curves and I don't need to say your throttle curve will preferably be a flat line. Tell me when you are ready to do that.

I usually don't go flying wthout OFF for the bugs and ADULT Pampers already in place.

Oh remember trying new stuff already tried on the sim....3 mistakes high. That's about 30 feet up.

biker dude 11-14-2011 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: phillyD

Thanks guys,

Bryan

Brother Bryan LOL
I was the most scardy-est to do that. As I said you will let the pitch of the rotor blades do that. Now you need to start learning the right thing from now, now you can hover and so on. There are two ways to do it..1 before take off and 2 while flying. I prefer soon after lift off and in a hover. It will involve adjusting your pitch curves and I don't need to say your throttle curve will preferably be a flat line. Tell me when you are ready to do that.

I usually don't go flying wthout OFF for the bugs and ADULT Pampers already in place.

Oh remember trying new stuff already tried on the sim....3 mistakes high. That's about 30 feet up.
LOL! Your a funny man Mr. Philly! :)

Markus8 11-14-2011 09:11 PM

Philly
I have set up my dx6i in a guide for the phoneix simulator and have by now start learning flying a little bit 3D. I have also been reading alot and have set up my collective pitch and such. I have changed the pitch of the blade att full throttle and at bottom so I am at -10 and 10 in pitch level will this be enough for some 3D?

I am still waiting for my quark and S9257 but my servos in the cyclic is stock I am wating also for the HXT900 but as I have been much better with all time spending on the simulator I am thinking of going for some better and dont think they really support 3D.

But what do you think if I'm feeling that I have the control of the Heli like in the simulator would it be possible to make it with my -10 and 10 in Blade pitch level att full and low throttle or should I increse it? Should I be fine with the stock servos at the moment? I know it's not any good quality and I gonna have to replace them.

But I am gonna take it real easy for the first minutes since I have just been up for real flying one time before but I gonna have to admitt It felt like I had the control. But I have spending lots of time behind the simulator.

biker dude
Take a look at this site they describe how to set up collective pitch in a simple way, but I suggest you to not copy the values.
http://www.rchelicoptertown.com/foru...hp/t-3480.html<br type="_moz" />

phillyD 11-15-2011 05:29 AM

Yep Bro
The 10 degrees will be good enough. Just make sure you throttle is set 85%and above. For you and Biker try and keep the pitch curve identical above mid stick. If you check back in this thread(searching Servo failure/esky servos)you will see I had some bad experiences. Maybe it might have been rectified...but I would keep hitting the sim till I get my servos and remember 3 mistakes high. You have no Idea how much money 3 mistakes high will save you.
Cheers

biker dude 11-15-2011 05:43 AM

ORIGINAL: phillyD

Yep Bro
The 10 degrees will be good enough. Just make sure you throttle is set 85%and above. For you and Biker try and keep the pitch curve identical above mid stick. If you check back in this thread(searching Servo failure/esky servos)you will see I had some bad experiences. Maybe it might have been rectified...but I would keep hitting the sim till I get my servos and remember 3 mistakes high. You have no Idea how much money 3 mistakes high will save you.
Cheers
Hi Philly,

I'm guessing by 3 mistakes high you mean up above the tree tops so that if you make a mistake you have pleanty of time to correct before you hit the ground. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...bout_smile.gif

I still think it might be a while before I try to go inverted though. I'm tired of crashing. Also an inverted ground strike would more than likely tear the whole bird apart.

The first time I do try it I'll make sure I have the wife with me so she can record the gory details.

B.

biker dude 11-15-2011 11:19 AM

Just one of these left if anyone wants to have a spare on hand. I just bought one for a back up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobbywing-Pe...item256954d57e

phillyD 11-15-2011 12:22 PM

Poodner Biker.. even for a menial flip or roll the heli goes inverted even if it does not stay there...dumb thumbs, brain farts or lack of breathing are things that occur in a flight. Height has never failed me, although some of the guys think the last time I flew, i had gotten some new brass ones. That's with the 550 though. I had onecrash with the 550 in theearlies...switched out of idle up to land, forgotand attempted a flip one mistake up.It will come, take it slowly. in my learning I've had about 8 crashes with the belt CP..well still learning as I don't do stick banging but 4 of those was because of esky servos right at the beginning. One with the 550. Well I did get good training with a pesky walkera 22E.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGowlwk8hds

biker dude 11-17-2011 05:33 PM

Sooooo...Hows everyone doing? I finally got my new ESC yesterday. Everything is hooked up and flying O.K. I have some tail adjustments to work out and all, but other than that I'm good. I also have to replace 2 older batteries cause they are starting t puff a little after a flight.

My computer got a worm virus 3 days ago and I am rebuilding my system, so I haven't been able to get on the sim for a while.

biker dude 11-17-2011 05:36 PM

Also does anyone know if the tail servo can get interfirance from the RX if it is mounted too close to it?

Tinkman 11-17-2011 06:29 PM

I've never heard of that happening. Only problems with the ESC being too close to the rx.

Joaquin

biker dude 11-21-2011 03:07 PM

So after several trial and errors, I have decided that my clone flies best with a 10 tooth gear. The 11 and 12 had the motor spinning too fast with the 3800 kv motor and I could not get my gyro to behave right. The 10 seems to give me the smoothest and best head speed.

Also something strange, I was getting an odd vibration in the tail and couldn't figure it out. I spent several days going through the head to the tail with no luck. Changing main shaft, making sure the tail shaft was true. Then tonight while starting to give up on it something snapped into place and all of a sudden no bad vibration, and it's flying better than it has since I went into the deck in the back yard.

Anyways, I'll keep an eye on everything and if it comes back I guess I'll disassemble the thing from top to bottom and replace the drive belt and start all over.

I hope you guys have a good holiday.
B.

petey3 11-21-2011 07:45 PM

I am waiting ever so impatiently for my new servos to show up. They were shipped over a week ago and still haven't arrived. Arrrggggghhhhh

Markus8 11-22-2011 10:57 AM

<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; "><span>I know the frustrating and the long time of waiting. But 5-7 working days as you speaking of is nothing compared for a guy like me from Sweden ;). My last order I even paid </span><span style="font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; font-family: sans-serif; ">$40 for fast deliver but it still it takes 5-7 days ;p. I guess by now you thinking of why am I</span><span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; "> not buying from a local store or some website here from. First reason it's a lot more expensive and for the second many of the parts/product is first ordered from their supplier after I have paid for them. </span><div><span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">
</span></div><div><span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">When I think about it, it feels weird but after have paid the products and the shipping from lets say the United States, the package have arrived to Sweden, paid the </span><span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">duty of 25% of the value of package, the fee for the post of sweden to take it further for the investigation I still save some cash sometimes a lot of cash compared if I had bought them here from, that's strange. But even here in europe it could be huge different ordered last week Spektrum DX8 for about </span><span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">$450 from the United Kingdom compared to my local rc store </span><span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">$800.</span></div></div>

petey3 11-22-2011 02:53 PM

Believe it or not I totally understand your situation. I just moved back to the states from Germany. Things took soooo long to get over there. The local stores never had anything for my Belt CP either. That is exactly why I was ordering extra of everything. Because it tooktoo long to get my stuff.

aircrash 11-22-2011 03:01 PM

I also buy mostly from online stores abroad. It`s cause most of the spare parts are cheaper although the shipping cost. Some are cheaper here though which makes me think that they are expensive at foreign online stores, rather than cheap here, if you know what Imean.
The good thing is that if I want a spare part to buy locally then it is available to quite some few shops, but the price may not be nice.
I can`t buy any from USAthough as the customs are very strict and I`ll have to pay taxes but a fee also for the clearance (as Markus said about), which is way too much if the parcel is sent through a courier (UPS, FedEX, etc) than with the post office (USPS). If it is sent through the post office and it is really low value then no problem.
The problem is that most USshops send international large parcels, or expensive items, through a courier... and not by the post office.
The other problem is if they send by the post office then it is not registered, so it delays and it is not secured as a registered is.
Most registered airmail or air parcel arrive at 5-6 working days from HK or 3-5 from UK.

I bought the DX6i + Blade450 RTF combo for $300 + $30 postage, which is a pretty good deal. Actually it was a better deal as the shop has nice exchange rate of the Euro, so $300 seems even more low for me buying from this shop than using paypal`s exchange rate (if I had to buy from US lets say).

Tomorrow I`ll have in hands lots of Belt-CP parts and Corona DS939MG &amp;DS919MG servos, and as well as a few Orange Rx (Spektrum compatible).