Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

PAW .55

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 06:02 PM
johnvb-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PAW .55

Just had to say, I fired up my new PAW 55 yesterday, and what a glorious little engine this is! Brand new, fired up after about 6 flicks, and after about 5 mins running and a cool down, it turned a 7*3 at about the same revs as the Thunder Tiger GP07 I had flown in the morning. Brilliant!
Old 10-06-2003, 06:37 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: PAW .55

Have on 06 coming from Just Engines in the UK Have 2 of the 2000 special issue 55s Numbered
26 and 27 of 200 made
little hummers
Old 10-06-2003, 07:11 PM
dhansen

These are great little engines. Just received a throttle and exhaust collector for mine today from Dr. Diesel. Not sure what I'll put it in just yet but figuring that out is alomst the best part of the whole project.

Dan, didn't you say you are getting an .09 too or did you decide on an .06? Also wonder why you are buying from the UK? I'm not familiar with Just Engines.

Love those little PAWs!

Dennis in Maine.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:32 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dennis--- changed order from the 09 to the 06 , the 09 is more than the moth needs
and heaver, I have dealt with JustEngines for about 3 years most of my 4 strks under
the ASP label (same as magnum) came from them along with a MVVS, Prices very
good , The English Pound is now about $1.62 US which cuts some of the savings,But
they run specials, My other diesels came from Carlson, MY PAW 40 from Carlson I
updated with a MVVS carb great transition now,I did not like the single needle PAW
carb on a 40 engine
Old 10-08-2003, 06:26 PM
johnvb-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

.... Not sure what I'll put it in just yet but figuring that out is alomst the best part of the whole project.
Agreed on that being fun. One of the recent AMI (Aviation Modeller International) mags has a free plan for a Vic Smeed Moppet. About 32" flat bottom polyhedral high wing, half sheet/half sticks fuse. I think this is where my .55 will end up. Very cute model.

On the weekend I was flying a couple of slow flying models up close and I really loved it. A Seniorita w/OSLA40, and a Zero Seven w/TTGP07. We have a limbo competition in our club where the idea is to pass under an imaginary line as many times as possible in a minute. Slow flying is the way to go for this, but it's surprising how hard it is win. The best I've seen is 7 complete passes. I see the Smeed Moppet being good for this sort of flying. Fun!
Old 10-09-2003, 11:04 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For anyone interested in small WW-2 RC planes, Eric Clutton has some. Most are powered by a PAW .06, except the B-25 which uses two PAW 55's.

George
Old 10-27-2003, 09:30 AM
Lasse

Also got, among others, a PAW .55 and ran it for the first time a short while ago. Great engine! Started almost immediately. Ran it with the standard carburettor and haven't tried the r/c version yet, but my experience tells me that the smaller engines throttles quite all right. My .060 and .049 throttle much better than my .090. Sorry got carried away.
I'm currently working on a model for the .55. It's an old kit from Graupner which originally dates back to 1969 called Topsy. It's a 32" span free-flight model that I have converted to 3 channel r/c. I'm putting a lot of effort into the job, which means traditional use of tissue, dope and paint. Estimated weight will be just a tad more than 10 oz. I's almost finished an I'm now looking forward to calm days, which is a rare phenomenon here in Denmark, by the way.