Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Everything Diesel
 Basic configuration, and fuel blend???? >

Basic configuration, and fuel blend????

Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Basic configuration, and fuel blend????

Old 04-16-2004, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Basic configuration, and fuel blend????

Hi Davis,

I live in Santiago Chile, I would like to convert a O.S. .46 FX and O.S. MAX .40

I don't basically understand how the conversion works, and what is needed for it, a new carburetor?, new muffler?, fuel pumps?. Could you please explain it.

I’m special worried about the diesel fuel, it’s a special blend or it’s simple kerosene that I can find easily in my country?.

I see very convenient deal with the conversion, because the glow fuel it’s all imported and very expensive in Chile.

Thanks,

Best Regards

Marcelo Mordoj
Old 04-16-2004, 09:27 PM

Default RE: Basic configuration, and fuel blend????

I miss a question....

How you start the engine?, need heating glow?.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2004, 12:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi..
You replace the old cylinderhead with new cylinderhead w/ contrapiston. Contrapiston are fitted with O-ring and mounted tight in cylinder head. There are not glowplug cause engine use compresion to raise temperature and igniting fuel.

Fuel are mixed of 3 parts kerosene or lampoil or autodiesel , 3 parts ether, 2 parts castoroil or syntetic oil (Can use full syntetic motoroil 15w50 or higher grade, i has used 10w40 without problem.)

Kerosene - 42%, Ether - 30%, Castor Oil - 24%, Amyl Nitrate or Methylethylketon peroxide (Hardener for Polyester) - 3%

kerosene or lampoil or autodiesel to run engine.
Ether help to ignite kerosene cause low ignite temperature at 180 C (small engine has low comresion temperature than autodieselengine)
Amyl Nitrate or Methylethylketon peroxide improving ignition, "ignition booster"
Oil to lubricate and cool engine.

How to start:
Raise piston to top dead centre and screw careful compresion screw to it stop, cause contrapiston meeting piston. Then screw out 2 turns and lower piston first and flick propeller fast. Now are contrapiston raised to it stop at compresionscrew.

Prime engine, do not overflood fuel, can make hydraulic lock. Not use electric starter!

Turn propeller fast 8-10 times, if not, screw compresionscrew 1/4 turn and try again. If engine starting each time, but not running, Screw 1/2 turn at carburator, try again.

When engine running, adjust compresionscrew until engine run fast without knocking or sound hard work. Then adjust fuel and hear engine run nice with little smoke.

After engine are adjusted, do not adjust comp. screw while you are using same fuel next time you starting engine.

Jens Eirik
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro42049.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	123149   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95679.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	123150  
Old 04-17-2004, 10:51 PM

Thanks,

I'm clear now. Should be easy to find fuel mix elements in Chile.

How does engines with Diesel work ?, it's hard to start it?. It has a tendency to stop?, or some inconvenient?.

Regards
Old 04-17-2004, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ACROHUNTER How does engines with Diesel work ?
Engine using compression and make hot therefore dieselfuel selfigniting.

it's hard to start it?
For newbeginner without knowledge... after you has learned how to start dieselengine, then it is so fantastic how easy you can start engine, 2-3 flick at propeller, it will start.

It has a tendency to stop?, or some inconvenient?.
Engine are very reliable and longer life than glowplug engines. More torque and running with bigger propeller and using less fuel than glow engine. Has not some tendency to stop without you are checking if fuel line are not open or lack of compression, not some inconvenient, a bit more vibrating cause higher compression than glow engine. Exhaust smell difference than glow engines. Fuel can damage fuel line of silicon, use fuel line designed for petrol/diesel to example tygon fuel tupe or clear vinyl tube.
Old 04-18-2004, 06:00 PM

Thanks Motorboy

I'll run Diesel sinces now !!!!.............