Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

small rc retro engine LINKS...

Old 03-15-2006, 10:25 AM
microengine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default small rc retro engine LINKS...

What's the smallest engine for micro rc use? I'd prefer a retro style diesel, however I'm not sure the power to weight would be sufficient. I am aware of the tiny cox designs but they look like toys to me. Anyone have some links to well engineered diesel engines? So far I have links for...

Enya 11 diesel

PAW

Irvine / Mills

http://www.modelflight.com.au/enya-...dio_control.htm

http://www.eifflaender.com/enginepics.htm

http://www.irvineltd.com/products/e...eroMills75.html

P.S DOES ENYA HAVE A WEBSITE? Can't find it. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Motorboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: small rc retro engine LINKS...

Smallest engine are PAW 55 R/C..

Jens Eirik
Old 03-15-2006, 03:17 PM
microengine

I just ordered an amazing little diesel wonder from Australia:

http://www.peterburford.com.au/

http://modelenginenews.org/pb/index.html

Old 03-16-2006, 09:59 AM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Micro-engine- You will have to let us know how the engine does for you Mr Burfords devotion to quality and detail is outstanding.
This must truly be one of the finest in the world, yes a bit up there about $375 US plus shipping sort of a Timex vs Omega watch thing
At this point however I can just not invest that much money, If I can do some swapping and selling I will get one. I want my cake and
want to eat it too. Just in irvine 40 diesels and the Q40s (same engine with diesel head) have 7 and really do not want to part with any.
I do have some surplus aircraft but to not want to part with any of my factory diesels or conversions, I do have some "small ones"
already 2 PAW 03s an 06, norvel 061 and 074 Cox 020 all running diesel of course.and maybe too many 09s thru 90s factory and conversions ( at least my wife thinks so) and 4 stk glows?? ( not even going there) 30 thru 1.2s again the very best with Peters little motor Martin

I have contacted DEA regarding my addication problem and reported all the sellers of these addictive items they informed that DEA does not mean DIESEL ENGINE ABUSE and offered no suggestions or help martin
Old 03-16-2006, 12:05 PM
microengine

It was $550 Aus dollars, so about £230. Certainly a tad more than a PAW 049, which is only £50 in the UK, or a £65 cox 010! However the quality and history makes the pb a real collectors item and something which simply has to be owned imo. I just cleared out a load of rc cars and stuff which took up far too much room. This will be my only engine, so it's not so bad.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:16 PM
AMB

It is most certainly worth having for all your mentioned reasons, and will get one after a few sales of some of my stuff. makes a lot more sense than just having it sit around in my storage area (unused bedroom that I can hardly walk in) martin
Old 03-16-2006, 01:21 PM
AMB

On a serious note we swap sell and save to buy a motor, and the druggies think nothing about dropping $500 on their fix, very sad state of affairs in our world today. Most times when flying my smaller 1/2 planes whether electric or diesels a mother will usally stop with their small children and the kids will get a little thrill out of watching them. martin
Old 03-16-2006, 01:23 PM
microengine

I know what you mean. At one stage I had new in box tamiya's up in the loft, 1/8 scale rally cars and gear in my cupboards. It's mostly cleared out now. Soon my only bit of modelling will be this tiny engine on my window cill, until I get time to build a plane anyway. Besides a small plane can hang from the ceiling out of the way when not used.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:33 PM
AMB

Good luck with the engine , you can scratch build or a little short on time convert one of the small builtup ARFs many, many, that are on the market now just begging for a converison to a small diesel. One good thing about the electric "revolution" is now the great choices of these aircraft now showing up and many have been done using cox glows and other small engines under the 09s size
martin
Old 03-16-2006, 01:44 PM
microengine

If you (or anyone else) has any suggestions for an airframe please post a link or name in my other thread....

Thanks!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_40...tm.htm#4040853
Old 05-14-2006, 11:57 AM
microengine

I have just found what I think is the smallest diesel ever made: Valentine Blitz 0.05cc. It is currently for sale somewhere on the net. I can't think of any practical use as it's not much bigger than a 5p coin! Perhaps a powered paper aeroplane?!!