Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Fuel site posting

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 08:16 AM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuel site posting

I have not been on the site for a number of days due to Family health issues. but using the fuel site for postings is a good thing, Just making a statement that I have a formula , mixing procedure. question, etc please see the fuel site is a good one fuel is fuel , gas, glow or diesel, It it also may generate more intrest in diesels since as we know we are really a small group compared the the glow guys and this could spark some intrest in diesel that many are not aware of. A smaller gas offering is now out there for 60 to
90 aircraft.the conclusion is obvious no ignition hassels. some may see this and conclude a 90 size diesel converison may be a better
choice bottom line IT WILL CREATE MORE INTREST IN DIESEL POWER. I have no doubt that this will have more than a few looking
to see what is going on in the "Diesel world". This is borne out by my new dodge cummings turbo diesel which is quiet no smoke and tons of questions every time I get in parking lots and we all have has that happen when we fly diesels.A lot of the guys go to theit field
with PU trucks and SUVs to carry the planes and gear and in the full size world we have have a new mag out "turbodiesel" on the magazine rack in the stores (get one great reading) again should create more interest, we are now getting a few posts on RC car diesel conversions.A very intresting parallel came up when I was looking to buy my truck the salesmen at Ford , GM, Dodge, had almost NO KNOWLEGE of diesel engines sound familar just like the LHS if ask what they have in deisel martin
Old 05-14-2006, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel site posting

It seems that in America the diesel car has not caught on in popularity yet.
It probably will do now that fuel prices are set to steadily rise... the days of cheap fuel are just about over !

I am on my 3rd diesel car. The first had a bog standard diesel, no turbine. The last two have both been intercooled turbo diesel engines and that makes a BIG difference. The one I have now is the most sophisticated diesel engined car I have ever owned. It is common rail, direct injection with electronic engine management and it jut pulls and PULLS on hills.

Here in the UK there has been a huge increase in the number of people running diesel cars. Those with petrol engines have often been astonished as a decent intercooled turbo diesel leaves them standing while accelerating.

This latest diesel car I own is also lower tax because of lower emissions. In some European countries the diesel fuel is lower priced because the diesel is more environmentally friendly due to its lower emissions and higher miles to the gallon. Inthe UK the daft government here made the diesel fuel slightly dearer than petrol.

Now if only my model diesel engines would run on ordinary diesel road fuel [&o]

Speaking of model diesels... I have managed to get myself a nice selection of PAW's off that famous
auction site *b*y. I now have 4 diesels. One straight venturi and one RC carb 1.49 and the same with two 2.49 engies, one with and one without RC carb. All the engines start and run well, two were gummed up solid when they arrived. Heat from an electric paint stripper was used to free them up enough to turn over. A few drops of fuel and they were spinning around and ready to start,
a couple of hand flips and they burst into life
Old 05-14-2006, 03:34 PM
My Feedback: (27)

Actully they have band some diesel cars.

I was looking at a Jetta diesel, but couldn't buy one in California.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:23 AM
AMB

Slope Soarer. I think you have "hit it on the money".the model diesel has always been most popular overseas and Iam sure
the limited availability of diesel in our automobiles here has a direct relationship to the model use here in the US. The main spark here
has been Bob Davis of Davis model products since the 70s which small as the diesel/glow ratio here has at least turned a few heads on power and effiency. Just as the improvements has occured in full size diesel engines Davis is doing some R and D to make make his heads a little more first time user friendly, The one who have his heads have never had issues but He wants to insure it would be
be easier to nail the sweet spot for the new guys , and still waiting the the Enya 4 strk diesel.
With th advent of the electric now in the 40-60 class a diesel conversion or factory issue is less than half the price .the charging routine
cell balancing, expensive chargers is not my cup of tea nough said-- martin
Old 05-16-2006, 12:47 PM

There is also something missing with electric flight....

Let me see......

Ah ! There's no lovely smell of diesel exhaust fumes. I believe the model diesel fuel we use here in the UK is a bit nicer smelling than the stuff you guys get in the States.

Took myself off down the road so as not to annoy the neighbours and gave a couple of my diesels a run.
First chance I have had to run the RC carb PAW 2.49 I bought off e*a*. I had just given it a brief run before. Turns out to be a good purchase
Old 05-16-2006, 04:49 PM
AMB

Sloop soarer your fuel over there (kero part) may be more de-odorized than the stuff in the states martin