Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Everything Diesel
 Would love a Diesel, but don't know how to. >

Would love a Diesel, but don't know how to.

Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Would love a Diesel, but don't know how to.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would love a Diesel, but don't know how to.

Hi all.
I have been flying planes and helis for the last 6 years, but initially started in the RC hobby some 20 years ago. I have always had a fascination for all kinds of engines, but have never got my hands on a diesel. Now I would really like to start experimenting with diesel, but I don't know how to do it. I have a few glow engines sitting around doin nothing, and wonder if the way to go is converting one to diesel with a Davis head?? I have available engines from .15-.60 in size.
Problem two is that I have no clue as to where I can get my hands on some diesel fuel, so I probably have to mix my own fuel. (Live in Norway)

If anyone would be kind enough to get me started on the learning curve it would be most appreciated..

What do you think about converting my OS .60 WC to diesel, and fly the helicopter with it?? Sounds cool to me.

Steinar
Old 03-21-2006, 02:44 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Would love a Diesel, but don't know how to.

Your besr bet besides reading these Posts Is Jens Erik right there in Norway, he posts here all the time .even makes his own engines
martin
Old 03-21-2006, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hei steinar, go to this norwegian link: http://forum.modellflynytt.no/showth...ghlight=Diesel and you can search diesel modellengines in this www.modellflynytt.no, write "diesel" only and search and then you find all you need to know about all.. [8D]

Jens Eirik
Old 03-21-2006, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Martin.
Hey Jens Erik.
Thanks a bunch. Don't be surprised if I PM you one of these days