Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

adjusting 62p12 gyro in Blueray

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

adjusting 62p12 gyro in Blueray

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 03:17 AM
misc720

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjusting 62p12 gyro in Blueray

I bought a receiver-ready blueray (came with the 62p12 gyro), and installed an old spektrum radio (the original dx6 with ar6000 receiver). Haven't had a chance to fly it yet, but have been tinkering with it at night, trying to get everything set up right.

I am having difficulty figuring out how the gyro should be set. I understand that the gain port adjusts between rate and HH mode, and that trimming should be done in rate mode. I have read that the light is solid red in HH mode, and light is off in rate mode, but the light is always on for me no matter how I adjust the gain port on the gyro. My transmitter has no gain knob.

Can anyone advise the best way to adjust the gyro for first flight? What is the other adjustment port for?

Is there any kind of instruction manual for this gyro?

Thanks for any help.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:38 PM
misc720

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: adjusting 62p12 gyro in Blueray

Well I went ahead and flew it today and it was surprisingly well behaved. I was actually able to hover decently.

Someone on the xheli forum rcdiscuss.com said the lower port is pitch, and it should be right in the middle. So that's what I did. I tried playing with the gain port during the first battery, and it seems to make very little difference.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:27 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: adjusting 62p12 gyro in Blueray

this gyro is very simple. Yes light is solid red in HH mode, and light is off in rate mode!

Connect the 3 pin into rudder channel and then connect the gain wire to the gear channel. Please pay attention to the direction on how you insert the gain plug into the receiver. I've find many customer insert into the wrong direction so the gain wire is not be used so please pay attention to the orientation. In the dx6, make sure you assign the gyro to the gear channel so you can access the gyro menu and set the gain to 75% and this is ideal for HH mode. Any less than 50% is your rate mode.

Andy