Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

rotor servo issue

Old 12-14-2009, 02:38 PM
doogietim02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rotor servo issue

I have an Exceed RC G2 with all factory parts. No upgrades. I am having an issuee with my tail rotor servo. After initializing with the Tx the servo wants to continually move out of 90 degrees to its maximum right position. I have tried to initialize the servo without to connecting rod attached so the gyro will put the servo at its neutral (90) position. Then attached the connecting rod at 90 degrees. Then I position the rotor at 0 degrees pitch. When I throttle up and then back down, the servo stays at its maximum right position. How do I adjust to make the servo return to a relative 90 degree position? Gyro settings are Nor & Rev. I do not believe I have a digital servo but then I do not know how to tell the difference.

Thanks in advance for any help/

Tim

Old 12-18-2009, 01:19 AM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: rotor servo issue

Tim,

You need to do a read up on what is HH gyro and understand what it does. Why must you assume the servo arms needs to always return to 90 degree? I don't get the assumption you are having. In HH mode, the gyro's servo doesn't return the servo arm to 90 degree but this is true only in rate mode.

Since you have change the setting then this is what you need to do to restore it.

Connect the servo directly into ch 4 and bypass the gyro and set the rudder trim to center. Then reposition the arm and make sure it's 90 degree to the servo case. The move the servo on the boom so that the pitch slider is in the center of travel on the tail rotor shaft. lock the servo tight on the boom and then connect the servo back to the gyro.

The switch on left should be normal and the switch on the right is REV. Make sure your tail servo rod is a straight shot.

Andy