Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed Blur?!

Old 12-07-2008, 08:21 PM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed Blur?!

Is anyone running the Blur? Looks like a fun little nitro. Says that it can do over 40mph!!! Work be perfect for the back yard. Wanted to hear what you guys think about it. Thanks, Joe
Old 12-09-2008, 05:32 PM
joeyhatch11

Default RE: Exceed Blur?!

Damn, no one with a Mini?
Old 12-14-2008, 09:13 PM
chevyderek72

it wont do 40, but i wanna get one, they look pretty fun
Old 12-14-2008, 11:09 PM
jpilkinton

I have the Redcat's version of the Blur. They are real fun to drive. They jump pretty good too.
I am all 1/16 scale except for my 1/8 Himoto MXT-2S.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:26 AM
joeyhatch11

yeah I think I'm going to make it an after christmas, christmas present to myself. Hahaha Do they have 1/10 servo's in them?
Old 12-15-2008, 10:19 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

yeah I think I'm going to make it an after christmas, christmas present to myself. Hahaha Do they have 1/10 servo's in them?
No they have the micro(or mini) servos in them.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:05 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1/16 has 18G servo.

Andy
Old 12-18-2008, 04:49 AM
jpilkinton

Just make sure when you get it, and before you run it, check everything.... mainly the diff gears and such. I know on the redcat version, the gears like to bind up for having too much play in the gears(not enough mesh). I have always had to add some fuel line in the drive cups to remove the slop in the dogbones. If you have any questions, give me a shout. I know these 1/16's like the back of my head.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:59 AM
joeyhatch11

I have a Hitec HS82-MG in my Mini-T. You think that'll fit into the Blur? Offers 35oz torque at 4v and 50oz at 6v. Made a world of difference in my Mini-T. But wasn't really a direct drop in. Had to mod the chassis a little to get her to fit. Or if you know of a nice Futaba under $40. LMK Thanks, Joe
Old 12-18-2008, 04:09 PM
mx-pigg

I have the Exced Blur.

I've run it on pavement only, taking good care to break in the engine and drive components carefully. I do not jump or crash the buggy.

After about 10 runs, the drivetrain started to fall apart. Dogbones are bending as they get stuck in the universal joints which causes the wheels to lock or not get power. My buggy is a 2wd now from scavenging it's own parts. Half of the problem was that they were not assembled competently and the other half can be attributed to design flaws and the use of cheap parts.

What makes matters worse is the total lack of customer service from Raidentech, which is the same company as Nitrorcx. You cannot contact them by phone at all since they will never answer your calls. They do not return emails at all. Why does it take two weeks to ship from LA to Riverside (60 miles)?

Finally, there are no replacement parts for the Blur - so don't waste your money.

You get what you pay for. Go buy a major brand from an established retailer that stands by their satisfaction guarantee.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:27 PM
chevyderek72

or just get a 1/10th that have parts and are more sturdy
Old 12-18-2008, 05:52 PM
joeyhatch11

I just thought that because I run a lot of 1/18 brushless it would be nice to have a 1/18, or 1/16 nitro. I gave up on nitro a few years ago and found that brushless fit more into my budget. But like everything I get into, I got bord and got the nitro bug again. This time it was for a buggy. I saw in one of my mags, an advertisement for Exceed and I couldn't believe how cheap they were. I've read a lot of ups and downs, more up than down, about the Exceed brand and I know what I'm getting into with this one. I'm not doing anything crazy with it so I dont need to spend high dollar. Just running around the back yard and woods, some street and parking lots. I think it'll hold up pretty good. But I'm now thinking, that if I like the .16 buggy enough, I might get the .18 truck. Keep everything 1/10. I dont know. Playing it by ear.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:27 PM
chevyderek72

the only thing is that the 1/16th isnt that good for off roading, because they are so small.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:29 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: mx-pigg

I have the Exced Blur.
I've run it on pavement only, taking good care to break in the engine and drive components carefully. I do not jump or crash the buggy.
After about 10 runs, the drivetrain started to fall apart. Dogbones are bending as they get stuck in the universal joints which causes the wheels to lock or not get power. My buggy is a 2wd now from scavenging it's own parts. Half of the problem was that they were not assembled competently and the other half can be attributed to design flaws and the use of cheap parts.
Sounds like to me you didn't pull it apart and make sure all the gear mesh is correct(tranny & diff). But I see your point as it being a RTR nitro kit. You shouldn't have to take everything apart to make sure the factory did their job and make a quality product. But I have found that it is best to tear it down and go over it. Also shimming the dogbones will prevent the binding and the bending. I made the mistake of not doing this the first time and I learned from my mistake. Trust me, I have a SH .12 engine in a truck using the same 1/16 setup and the power is far from the stock .05 or .07 engine. And it holds up good.

Finally, there are no replacement parts for the Blur - so don't waste your money.
You get what you pay for. Go buy a major brand from an established retailer that stands by their satisfaction guarantee.
Sure there are replacement parts. I don't know where you looked for parts at.... They are everywhere. You can order them from nitrorcx, allaboutfunhobbies, redcat, himoto, ect.....
You don't have to buy a major brand to have the guarantee satisfaction...

Old 12-19-2008, 11:13 AM
mx-pigg

No, there are no replacement parts found for the exceed blur.

Try finding any mention of this product on Exceed RC's home page.

The only two web sites that sell this do not carry the parts (Raidentech and NitorRCx)

Sure I could probably find it on ebay but why would I want to pay $6 shipping for a dogbone?
Old 12-19-2008, 11:44 AM
joeyhatch11

Will the spare parts from any HSP 1/16 fit the Blur? Might be able to use something from a RedCat or Himoto....no?

Nitrorcx.com sells the Blur AND the replacement parts. Here's the link: http://www.nitrorcx.com/1scblbu.html
Old 12-19-2008, 11:50 AM
joeyhatch11

The only thing I didn't find on there site was a replacement engine. But I also dont understand why the spare cost more than the ones for the 1/10? Almost double the price for some. HUH?
Old 12-19-2008, 01:08 PM
jpilkinton

No, there are no replacement parts found for the exceed blur.
Try finding any mention of this product on Exceed RC's home page.
Here is a little helpful information:
The Exceed Blur is the same as the Redcat 1/16.

The only two web sites that sell this do not carry the parts (Raidentech and NitorRCx)

Sure I could probably find it on ebay but why would I want to pay $6 shipping for a dogbone?
I am sure you can get a dogbone shipped cheaper from the site I mention earlier.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:09 PM
jpilkinton

Will the spare parts from any HSP 1/16 fit the Blur? Might be able to use something from a RedCat or Himoto....no?

Nitrorcx.com sells the Blur AND the replacement parts. Here's the link: http://www.nitrorcx.com/1scblbu.html
Yes they all will fit.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:12 PM
jpilkinton

The only thing I didn't find on there site was a replacement engine. But I also dont understand why the spare cost more than the ones for the 1/10? Almost double the price for some. HUH?
Don't ever buy a spare engine from the site. They are extremely too high. I bought a spare SH 07 from redcat for $99 and come to find out I could have bought the same engine for $55. Never again.
I get my 05 engines from Hopemeup on ebay. They are only like $16 plus shipping. If you need a SH 07 engine, I have found a site that sells them for like $45 plus shipping.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:37 PM
joeyhatch11

Yeah when I buy RC off Ebay, I always try and see if HopMeUp has it first. They have GREAt prices and there shipping is SUPER fast. Hahaha You cna get the .05 motor for $16? How long do they last then?
Old 12-19-2008, 03:01 PM
jpilkinton

Yeah when I buy RC off Ebay, I always try and see if HopMeUp has it first. They have GREAt prices and there shipping is SUPER fast. Hahaha You cna get the .05 motor for $16? How long do they last then?
HopMeUp has the BEST(and I mean BEST) prices on some stuff. I bought a Picco P-Zero .08 for only $45. It will blow the doors off the SH 07 engine.
I don't know how long the .05 engines last, but I have 3 used ones that I got from AllAboutFunHobbies which were used on their "demo" rc cars and they still run strong.
As long as you break them in good, they should last a while. Here is one of the used engines in this custom made truck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pq3JYJ5BZw

And who knows how much fuel was ran in it before I got it!
I have 7 of these .05 engines that I use for prototypes(custom builds).
I am in the process of experimenting with the SH07 and the .05 engines as far as interchanging parts with each other.
I have an idea, but won't comment on it untill I see the results.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:22 PM
joeyhatch11

Is the Picco P-Zero .08 a direct drop in? Can you get me a link? I think I'll give one of these 1/16's a try. Hahaha should be a lot of fun.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:15 AM
jpilkinton

Is the Picco P-Zero .08 a direct drop in? Can you get me a link? I think I'll give one of these 1/16's a try. Hahaha should be a lot of fun.
Unfortunately no, the pico uses a slide carb while the stock one uses a rotary carb. There are some conversion kits you can get for just that.
Other than the carb, everything else fits nicely.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:46 AM
mx-pigg

Blur Engine manufacturer with real instruction manual and parts list

http://www.shengines.com/TECHDATA_PT0701A.htm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.