Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed Blur?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 02:07 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Exceed Blur?!

if your not shopping around for parts your shooting urself in the foot....when I had diff brand cars then what I currently have I learned not to order parts from the mfg (well in these cases the companies that buy their cars from hsp)...I found not only were their parts higher then the dealer prices the turnaround time was much longer...you also will find the dealers online on here trying to help you out...their customer service is just plain better...
to many times you hear people saying diff companies cars are junk...well if you dont know what your doing, take it out the box and throw batteries and or fuel in it and run it thats your problem...not only going over the car making sure everything is put together and screws are tight will save you from some headaches, it will also allow you to get familiar with how it works and how to maintain it..
the fact is companies like exceed, redcat and himoto attract more new people to rc due to their prices...I have put my .02 in that these companies not only should put a flyer in each box leading new people to rcu were they can get help but, also state the importance of giving the rc a once over before putting it to use....granted if they did do this alot of people wouldnt read it but atleast it is there...
Old 12-20-2008, 02:52 PM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because of RCU and also because I read everything I could find about the Exceed/RedCat/Himoto brand, I got myself ready for my new buggy. I ordered new Traxxas waterproof servos (2056/2075), another Futaba FM receiver and a fail-safe. I also asked the questions as to what parts are more common to break and ordered those spares. I just got my new receiver and crystals today and threw them into my Mini-T to make sure every worked. Only sucks I have to wait another week (x-mas gift) before I can get my hands on my HyperSpeed. The wife wont even let me put my new parts on it. Hahaha So mean....LOL
Old 12-22-2008, 03:32 PM
chevyderek72

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

Will the spare parts from any HSP 1/16 fit the Blur? Might be able to use something from a RedCat or Himoto....no?

Nitrorcx.com sells the Blur AND the replacement parts. Here's the link: http://www.nitrorcx.com/1scblbu.html

burned pigg
Old 12-22-2008, 06:20 PM
jpilkinton

We having a pigg roast!?!
Old 12-22-2008, 06:50 PM
joeyhatch11

Oh YUM!!! I'm sorry......what? What was the question? Hahahaha Hey Happy Holidays Guys. I took off Friday so I can break in my new buggy. LOL GOD I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'm going to use most of X-Mas day to put all my new servos, receiver and fail safe in. Plus I'm going to make sure everything's tight and was even thinking of taking some screws and using locktite. Anyone else getting any new RC stuff?
Old 12-22-2008, 11:05 PM
mx-pigg

Yes, I smell the bacon... and bacon makes everything better

I still don't see where that link is found on the website. somebody here must be working for raidentech/nitrorcx.

TRY to post your opinion on any of their products and you will never see it on their page, unless you give it A+++ rating. Notice all the reviews sound the same "Awesone the is the bestest thing ever". A somewhat condescending ploy to those who know better.

I'm glad they have parts available - I was told that they wouldn't have them until after Christmas.

It's nice to get cheap deals on the internet, but honestly the poor customer service is ridiculous. Maybe it's just the holiday season bogging them down. I'll give them another chance in a month or so when I order parts - they better put up.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:26 AM
joeyhatch11

Hey Mx-Pigg, where did you order from?
Old 12-24-2008, 12:06 AM
mx-pigg

raidentech
Old 12-31-2008, 05:31 PM
joeyhatch11

Better luck ordering from Exceed-Rc.com Never again will I order from Nitrorcx.com.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:58 PM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

Better luck ordering from Exceed-Rc.com Never again will I order from Nitrorcx.com.
What happened? Did you order off the website or did you call them to place your order?
Old 12-31-2008, 06:05 PM
joeyhatch11

I ordered from the web site and they double charged me for the same order and I cant even get a hold of them to have them fix it. Everytime I call either it rings and no answer or it's busy. I wrote emails and no responce and when I talked to someone from there LIVE HELP, they said they couldn't help me and that I would have to call. So instead I called my bank and put a stop-payment on the whole thing. What a joke. The transaction has been processing for 6days now and they re-charged the card again, not to mention my account is now negitive because of it. If it's not one thing, it's another.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:20 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you think that some companies (not going to mention names) would get the hint....I would be pissed if I placed an order and it was either wrong, never came or what not and I could not call or get responses to my emails...the companies that yall mentioned whether they are the same company or not (why they would have 2 names for one company is plain stupid) and another I know of need to get on the ball....but as I said earlier these rc's are bought from hsp (highspeed toys) and any hsp part with the same part number will work...you have different options
Old 12-31-2008, 09:21 PM
mx-pigg

Hey joeyhatch11,

I tried to warn everyone about the customer service. Sorry you got burned too.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:29 PM
joeyhatch11

Thanks guys. I know I should have known better but there isn't any other websites to order them from for that price. I found yet another web site, Grandhobby.com, that is part of Nitrorcx and Radientech.com Same address, contact number and email address for "Customer Service".
Old 05-10-2021, 09:26 PM
Trillfam21

Default Help

Originally Posted by jpilkinton
Just make sure when you get it, and before you run it, check everything.... mainly the diff gears and such. I know on the redcat version, the gears like to bind up for having too much play in the gears(not enough mesh). I have always had to add some fuel line in the drive cups to remove the slop in the dogbones. If you have any questions, give me a shout. I know these 1/16's like the back of my head.
hey I have one of them exceed blurr I can t get it to tune for nothing or find the factory setting can you plz help