Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

New Madfire

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:17 AM
wschmitt3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Madfire

Hello All,

Irecived my new madfire nitro buggy today. Icharged the glow ignitor last night and attempted to start my new rig this morning and it fired right up. As soon as Iremove the ignitor it shuts off. Ileaned out the idle screw a little and attempted again and once more thinking it was just putting too much fuel in for first idle. Would like some advise before tinkering to much more.

-Will

Old 08-18-2010, 10:10 AM
nitrotec

Default RE: New Madfire

make sure you settings lsh, hsn, idle needle are set to manufacturer settings. check your glow plug. take your glow plug out hold it upside down looking down at the coil and plug it with the ignitor. if it is cherry red, glow plug is good (dont burn yourself!!) put it back in and turn your idle needle clockwise 1/4 turn at a time till it starts. keep the igniter on for 3 sec before unpluging it after the car starts. also check your air filter look down in the carb neck and make sure there are no blockage. last possibility you could have flooded the engine. see your maual for that. g/l

Old 08-18-2010, 11:08 AM
wschmitt3

Thanks,

Igot impatient and ended up just tinkering a bit more with a couple little idle adjustments and a little foil to help it get nice and warm i made it through. Just completed idle breakin took it on the street for a couple low throttle warm up and familiarization passes. Two tanks and she is running like a top.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:19 AM
wschmitt3

My intial impression:
Kit came complete. Shipping from Cali to Vermont seemed to take for ever 7 buisness days UPSGround, couldnt find any liquid Nitrogen to freeze my self.
Had to call nitro rcxb/c Iput in the wrong billing address for my CC as Ijustmoved. 10 Minute wait time not so badBUTmost anning hold music ever! Change that **** NitroRCX! LOL
Kit seems to rattle alot but every thing is fastened and secure. Seems like a sturdy machine.
Throttle response is good steering is fairly precise. It looks nice.
Manual is soso; could be more informational (i.e. better trouble shooting) Very nice diagrams (comming from a New Car Dealer Parts Guy)
So far Iloveit.

Off to the drive in to see what it can do.

Ill post again soon
Old 08-18-2010, 12:05 PM
nitrotec

glad it worked out. keep us posted
Old 08-18-2010, 01:19 PM
wschmitt3

So I ran off about 500cc of fuel at the drive in. Car Flys. it screamed from mound to mound and around the dirt roads on the drive in lot super fast. Way faster than my old grasshopper. Only two notable problems after the assesment when Idrove itback home.

-Front right tire almost completly dismounted the rim on outside. Probly my fault I was ripping it hard around corners and did a doughnut or two.
-Seems front plate screws on center diff. (correct term????) loosened up and plate is loose. - no problem easy fix

I drifted it into a fence post pretty fast and zero damage just minor scuffing.

Had a bit of a hard time re starting after it ran it self out of fuel when flipped and once when it ran it self out while on wheels. I think by leaning out with throttle trim on remote Iavoided difficulty re starting and a quick adjustment it stayed running nicely. Does that seem accurate; am I on the right track? Ithink Imstarting to get the hang of it. I also burned my self priming with backpressure by pluging exahust port.

I gota couplecomments from the guys in the two auto shops near my housethat saw me running it. They were all out side watching it and were impressed.

Iwas hesitant to buy Exceed because of all of the bad comments on line but the internet is for haters so I figured Iwould go with my gut on this. I think I am glad I did. There are not any active RC shops close enough to me to call them local because the internet killed them so the philosophy of buying an RCCar that was supported locally was irrelevant to me. Now I will see how Nitro RCXsupports its new customer here because Iwill break this and I WILLfix it.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:06 PM
wschmitt3