Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

(engine thread) converted to U/C thread :-)

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

(engine thread) converted to U/C thread :-)

Old 04-25-2004, 03:29 PM
Dave03B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (engine thread) converted to U/C thread :-)

Rossi .60 piped vs. MDS 58 what do you think? which one?

The rossi is heavier than the MDS i think...... but will haul even more @$$! i could put the nicad right at the very back of the tail and dont mind adding a little lead.......

What do you think?

Cheers all.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:00 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default RE: (Patriot) Rossi .60 piped vs. MDS 58 (could be piped)

I bet a Jett-90 is similar, if not lighter, than the Rossi- Of course "run what you've got" If you have the Rossi...

There is a Jett-50 out on the hillside somewhere at my club if you need one--
Old 04-26-2004, 01:28 AM
Dave03B

I''l be over in a few hours to look for the jett

cheers
Old 04-26-2004, 01:16 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Razor... sorry to hear about the flyaway! Have someone fly overhead in a full size and look for the glint of gleaming aluminum

Either of the engines, if you already have them, will run pretty well...... but put a Jett-Stream muffler on them instead of the full pipe. Its only about a 500 rpm difference (in most cases) and its not as critical on prop selection. Will tend to weigh less than a full header and pipe too.

I bolted at jett-stream on a friends Morris 45 (rossi) saturday. He had all sorts of problems...it had decent top end, but wouldnt idle or transition....he changed the carbs... all sorts of stuff. It appeared that his 'stock' exhaust system was leaking pretty badly around the o-ring.... was rarely consistant on performance..... it was hard to get a consistant needle setting....and if I recall that muffler is 'tuned' to run around 17K rpm....so it ran like it was overly 'short' causing the midrange and transition problems. I had a rossi adapter in my field box, so I took the muffler off of my SJ-50, and installed it on his 45. With the jett-stream it idled down nicely, needled great, and gnerally behaved very well....... plus had 15K on the top end with a 10x7. Not too bad. We did note that it ran 300 rpms less with the same prop.... on the ground. It definately unloaded better in the air.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:41 AM
Dave03B

Default INSTEAD OF RETRACTS??

Been toying with the idea of a simple take off dolly for my patriot. Save retract weight + the work of putting them in.

Thinking wire frame, trike, two, maybe three rods going up into the fuz to hold for when on the ground, but on roll out, the dolly slips out of the fuz.

What do you think? and pics of a suitable dolly would be great.

Cheers