Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Pucker Factor

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 06:18 PM
Troy-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pucker Factor

Note: remove wedgie prior to flight or you'll need pliers to get it out afterwards.
This is my Avionik D-99 F5D pylon racer. It has a Hacker B40-FAI, 9-CP1700mAh cells, spinning a 4.75 APC-E at over 35,000RPM. This is one of the planes I flew in the World Champs 2002 in Winterthur, Switzerland. This is a video of just hot dogging around. Guestimated speed on faster passes is about 180mph+. The plane is approximately the size of a 1/2A glo racer: 160sq", ~40" (1 meter) span, 28.5oz (810g) RTF weight. Record for this airframe on an official FAI pylon course is 66 seconds. Video is 30megs. Sorry for in-and-out focus and lack of zoom (that's what the "This is gonna be ugly" comment was). Wind was gusting 15-20mph.
http://home.online.no/~hal-loe/video/f5d.mpg
Old 12-19-2002, 08:37 PM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

Default Pucker Factor

WOW!!! great vid!!
Old 12-19-2002, 09:24 PM
Gastronom-RCU
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

Default Pucker Factor

Very fast , right down FaSt , hey man did I say anything about it being Fast ?