Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

CLiC mini wing

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Jeep-mini-t-man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CLiC mini wing

i am wondering if anyone has one of these or has heard anything good about them...

the web site shows them, and they look awsome!!![8D]

the web site is www.aceshighrc.com

its either this or a mini-xe from combatwings.com
Old 04-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Jeep-mini-t-man

Default RE: CLiC mini wing

come on!! someone must have an oppinion of these things.....POST IT!![>:]
Old 04-09-2004, 02:59 AM
john 8750

Looks much like the glider we get for 5 bucks and add the mini radio and GWS DD motor with 3" prop. Flies about 50 MPH and very tough, almost none destructable.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:53 AM
Epoxy Cup

Hi!

Not sure about the Cliq but I have the mini speedwing, about the same size. It flys great still amazingly using my original motor, although it's getting a little week. Probably from those 19 minute flights on the Kokum 1020 Litho's. I fly this more than my Zagi.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:44 AM
azfrench

I do have the clic and it is a good flying wing. I just finished building it and started flying. To start off I was using a very heavy nimh battery cause I was expecting some crashes. This is a good way to go if you don't have any expirience flying wings. Even with the heavy 3.5oz nimh battery if flies well. I am not using very aggressive throws either til I get used to it. I did it for one flight and it was WILD. I have not started using the light lipos yet but Im sure that it will fly much better. The videos on the web site are very accurate with what the wing will perform like.

Rick.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Jeep-mini-t-man

azfrench....how much have you got into the kit yet....i already have a radio and servos but just with batteries and stuff,the kit, how much has it cost you?
Old 04-12-2004, 08:20 PM
azfrench

Jeep, I bought a $20.00 gws receiver, 2 Dragan $13.00 servos, a 15.00 GWS speed control, a $20.00 nimh battery to learn on and then 2 lipoly batteries. The lipolys were a little bit of money. but worth it in the long run.

Rick.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:55 PM
rctt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I had mine well over a year 'brused but still flys .. They are a lot of fun and what is amazing is that if you are a intermediate flyer
you can fly easly in 20+ wind the other powerd planes at the field have to quit while I just go on and have a ball !
I don't know how a 5 1/2 oz plane does it ...
I end up with 500 ma nimh 7 cell and can go for 12 min full bore ! I only added about 3/4 oz extra weight .

Use the 3/32 aircraft ply instead of light ply for the center rib ,,trust me you will need it ! OR carbon sandwich the light ply
I just ordered my 2nd one yesterday in epp and will do a 250 johnson on it with lipos .
can't wait !!
BTW Ron at ACES HIGH will treat you good ... allways answers email !

Thanks Ron
Old 04-14-2004, 12:17 AM
azfrench

Yes, Im really liking mine more and more. The CG seems to be very specific but, once you get it down it really flies well. I still have not used my lipo's on it yet and Im very happy flying it. I am using a very heavy 650mAh nimh battery. Just figured out the CG today and wow...loop and rolls and whatever else you can make it do. I like it much better than the Zagi I was flying. The Zagi belongs to a good friend of mine. I think I have flown it more than he has but anyway. The Clic is very nice. Here is my setup:

J250 motor with a 4x4 prop
2 Dragan servos
GWS receiver
GWS esc100
Electrifly 650mAh nimh.

Flies very very good. Better with my lipoly's Im sure but just haven't had the guts to put them on.

Rick.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:48 AM
Mike Taylor
My Feedback: (1)

I've got a couple of CLiC models. Actually I bought two with one to be a spare when I destroyed the first one, but the first one is still flyable after a couple of hundred flights. It is fast enough for fun, slow enough to fly and land in my yard (it is a big yard). It has absorbed a tremendous amount of punishment (read: I like low, fast inverted passes, but I'm not that good a flyer...), and this is the original EPS kit, and now Ron is producing the same design from EPP so it should be totally indestructable... See the thread on the new EPP version at: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185247
Old 04-24-2004, 11:13 AM
lukedale42

i have a miniwing-E from www.miniwing.co.uk
and i have alot of fun with it i have a gws050 motor and a 3cell lithium pack i slope sore it and park fly it.
but the beauty with it being foam is that it throws of most crashes.
check out the site there are some stunning vidios.
luke
Old 04-24-2004, 11:59 AM
Alex Shipp

Quote: Looks much like the glider we get for 5 bucks and add the mini radio and GWS DD motor with 3" prop. Flies about 50 MPH and very tough, almost none destructable.

What glider is that?
Old 04-24-2004, 04:51 PM
john 8750

Dont know where to get it. The LHS has them in Burbank.
I will try to find them.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:05 PM
conversere

Have a Clic someone gave to me with the rear section torn up where the motor mounts. Repaired the motor mount and installed a Razor 350 with a 4 x 4 prop and 830 x 3 cell lipos. Very fast. Fastest on the field where I fly, I think. I'll definitely get another one to replace it when it's time is up.