Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

fancy foam planes

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 10:59 PM
SIDEWINDER 3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fancy foam planes

wich one is the best at lurning 3D???
How do the fly with the combo package???
Old 02-06-2005, 12:47 AM
geoffbeneze

Default RE: fancy foam planes

>wich one is the best at lurning 3D???
>How do the fly with the combo package???
>_____________________________
>Justin
>DCS
>(Do Cool Stuff!!!)

One of the VERY coolest things you can do, and probably the smartest for your future life, is to learn to express yourself WELL and to spell properly. Chatspeak may be VERY cool to your right now, but when you get into business, it's very UNcool.

Even cooler (for what you want to do) would be to find EVERY article and thread you can that discusses 3D, what it is, how it is, what it does, how to get there, how to BUILD for it.

Then ask questions, LOTS of questions. BUT, until you've read a few of those articles, you don't know what you don't know, so you don't know WHAT to ask!

While you're doing that, save up for a good kit. BUILD your own when you're ready. That way you'll KNOW how it works, and if you know that, you can do ANYTHING better.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:53 PM
SIDEWINDER 3D

[sm=drowning.gif]sorry I missed a couple keys. You didn't answer my ?? I have saved my money to buy a foamie. It is hard to get the kind of money you need to build one from scratch because people my age don't have a retirement fund.[sm=eek.gif]
Old 02-06-2005, 11:42 PM
geoffbeneze

>sorry I missed a couple keys. You didn't answer my ?? I have saved my money to buy a foamie. It is hard to get the >kind of money you need to build one from scratch because people my age don't have a retirement fund.

I never hassle people for typos, since i make them all the time. I think faster than I can type.

As it turns out, I don't have a retirement fund EITHER. My kids are 7 and 12.

I don't do 3D stuff, but I read about it. I read about all kinds of stuff. I've found that scratch building (often) costs me less, but what it does allow me to do is to START building with very little money in pocket and build/add as I'm able.

BUT, to get you started, the profile type foam birds look to be pretty simple, and the construction articles here on the groups bear that out. You can build the airplane for about $10 and a couple of nights.

For many years, I had ONE radio and ONE receiver. Since I wanted to fly, I was willing to hassle with moving the receiver (and sometimes servos) from one plane to another. BUT, it got me, and kept me flying.

You're right, it does take some money to get started, but you can do the thing so you don't have to have a WAD of money all at once if you're willing to do the research and some work.

This is why I say to read everything you can get your hands on. Learn to speak well so you can convey your ideas and concepts to others, and ask questions! Even without the money to buy a kit, ARF or RTF, you can start gathering the knowledge you'll be able to use for the rest of your life, and THAT doesn't cost a thing.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:38 AM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to answer your question without critisizing your typing skills or grammer skills! I have the Fancy Foam Ulitimate. It is a very docile machine. If your learning 3D it will be a good choice. Harriers like no other. Hovers very stable and smooth. Waterfalls very nice. inverted flat spins and blenders are amazing to watch. I am flying with the setup he sells as a package deal. If you want something other than Fancy Foam I have a very good Edge Getting ready for shipment this week that is very smooth and graceful. Perfect beginner 3D all the way to advanced 3D. Just contact me.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:46 PM
woodduck-RCU

Try a foamy from Troy Built Models, they do all the cool 3d stuff and are very reasonable priced about $20 to $40.

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/3DFoamy.htm

I have the TBM Monte powered by an Align 2500 kv brushless and it does everthing.
TBM also sells the foam at a great price and Gene is very helpful.

Wood duck
Old 02-09-2005, 12:44 AM
maddmattdaddy

I think you could get 30 different responses from 30 different people. I personally am in love with the 36" Extra from foamyfactory.com http://www.foamyfactory.com/airplanes.htm

Check out the 3D forum on this site for other testimonials. Most 3D foamies are around the same price and most of them perform very well.

Any of the fancy foam models would be excellent. You just have to pick out which one looks cool to you. I like the looks of the 540 from them.

Update us on what you decided. Most of the people around here are very helpful.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:03 PM
SIDEWINDER 3D

I am looking for a plane that comes with every thing I need like the Fancy Foam planes.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Dugster

Your best bet is to contact Mike @ Fancy Foam. He's very knowledgeable and a nice guy.

IMO the best one to start with is the Extra (I have the Extra, Edge, Pitts and Ultimate). It flies great and is much easier to assemble than the Ultimate.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Alex J

Go with a Fancyfoam kit. I asked your same question and the SU29 was the reply. The reason is the biggest wing area at almost the same weight of his other planes (the Extra 300 would be a good alternative).

Build is easy and for repairs, keep a hot adhesive gun ready.

Delivery time is almost nil.

Mark is good to deal with, too.

Alex
Old 03-06-2005, 08:52 PM
perkinsm

I have been flying the Fancy Foam Edge for about a year now. I have to agree with some of the others, it's a great 3D. And the service is second to none.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:37 AM
Rich28

what about the Yak from insanefoamies? anyone know anything on these?