Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Slow Stick Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 12:11 PM
Access

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow Stick Modifications

This is my first kit, but some of the original design doesn't seem to make sense to me.

I am using micro servos that weigh very little, anything wrong with moving them back closer to the tail? The original plans have the servos in front, but weighting issues aside it seems like you'd want the servos closer to the control surfaces that they drive, rather than putting them up front and having to run the push/pull rods all the way down the fusalage. Isn't a much shorter push/pull rod better when possible? I've already got the battery and a brushless motor up front.

Also as I place the different radio gear + battery, I should aim to get the center of gravity just a little bit behind the center of lift, correct?
Old 03-25-2005, 01:28 PM
BadSplice
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Slow Stick Modifications

Put the center of gravity right where the plans have it as a starting point. if the plane climbs too much and is too sensitive, move it forward. If its sluggish and prone to nose dives, move it back.

As far as the servos, youre right that shorter pushrods are more positive. But the farther back you put them, the more they will affect the balance, and you will also run into the problem of the wires not reaching to the reciever. As long as you have the pushrods running through the plastic guides, they will be just fine.