Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

MICRO receivers help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 01:06 PM
zoott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MICRO receivers help please

Whats the difference between single and dual conversion receivers and how important is this?
Thanks
Old 11-20-2006, 03:44 PM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: MICRO receivers help please

depends on how much interference you have in the area. single will work for most applications but dual is better when you have a lot of interference problems. the difference is that the signal is sent through another pass in its signal check. well that is the best way to describe it. i have flown single conversion JR's for years with no incidents but there are places where i live that have enough signal problems where the dual is the only way to go and even then there are signal problems.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:45 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

My LHS owner told me Dual conversion is over rated. When indoor flying took off single conversion got a bad name because everyone was using the small FMA receivers because thats all that was out there and those receivers were crap. He enforced that statement by saying that JR's entire receiver line has only 1 dual conversion model. I'm using the Berg receivers and have had no problems. I may even use the Berg 7 channel on my larger glow planes.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:57 PM
jdetray

The Berg receivers are a notch above the typical single conversion receivers. The Bergs use digital signal processing (DSP) technology that is not used in most other single conversion receivers.

- Jeff
Old 11-21-2006, 09:59 AM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

let me clarify my comments about signal interference when i say signal interference i mean severe. a field where i am at has 5 cell towers in a 5 mile area or so, two hospitals with radio antennas, and quite possibly several park flyers in the area with fm radios. Even the dual conversion radios from time to time get shot down. i use my single conversion JR next to power lines and everything else with no problems. someone mentioned the DSP in the berg receiver. JR has a similar signal interference prevention technology. In fact most good receivers will.