Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Zagi 400x keeps banking left and crashing

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Zagi 400x keeps banking left and crashing

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 03:45 PM
barelias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zagi 400x keeps banking left and crashing

I dont know why my zagi 400x kept banking left and crashing today. I adjusted the moving parts and weight looks fine,but the little rudders that came with the zagi are not so firm, they wiggile a bit when flying. I dont know if that is enough reason for it to bank left.
any other reason why??
Old 11-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Gulliver

Default RE: Zagi 400x keeps banking left and crashing

I doubt if its the winglets. Maybe something in the transmittere setup.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:02 PM
thermlin

torque maybe?
seems like zagis have a little problem with this, and it seems it only happens when i havent flown mine in a while and i forgot how to hand launch well; so it might just be a bad launch.
make sure your launches are nice and level. dont point up because it will stall, but dont point down because you need to have time to get on the throttle and have the prop "bite"
Old 12-30-2006, 05:19 PM
kctrading
My Feedback: (2)

This should help! Look in the Flying it section.

http://www.yourzagi.com/

If you have a computer radio make sure you have your Elevon mix on...to get it to turn correctly you may have to reverse them in the radio and sometime you also have to swap out your servos...swap them in the RX, channel one and two. You also need to dial in the EXP to at least -50% this will make the throws less sensitive toward the center of the stick. I have mine on dual rates...always use the low rates when getting started...also you need some down thrust on your motor mount...most of the time it's best to have it equal the bottom of our wing...also make sure your CG is correct. When launching you need to throw the wing like you are throwing a 30 yard pass on a football...yeah that hard and at a 20 degree up angle no level...don't give it throttle at first but only after throwing it then give it about 75% not WOT as it may torque turn on you to much...you want to buildl up air speed first...hope this helps some.

Ken