Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Zagi Comments?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 01:44 AM
Billiam411

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Zagi Comments?

Just finished building my 400X this afternoon. Any tips on flying it or "must do" mods? Wish I could post a pic, but I have a too high quality camera, 935 kb!
Old 02-03-2003, 03:02 AM
BoomZilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zagi Comments?

If you have flown before, just chuck it and fly. Check out http://www.myzagi.com it is the definitive reference.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Beargivhan

Default Zagi Comments?

I have a zagi400x and there great fun when you fly it you it keep it high

Beargivhan
Old 02-10-2003, 05:14 AM
Texan
My Feedback: (10)

Default Zagi Comments?

Keep your speed up when turning close to the ground. BTW, don't try an outside loop!

TX
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	55140_759.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	32289  
Old 02-22-2003, 11:55 AM
thesnapper

Default Fly and Be Happy

Ok first off all i am a newbie, on my second time flying my Zagi 400x (kinda mastered a Pico Cub) but ailerons are a whole new ball game, i tested the indestructibility of them. I was flying left turn circuits at speed and high for over 5 minutes when disaster struck. I let the wing get to far away from me and after a new nervous twitches on the sticks the wing was diving fast from about 200ft . Whack the thing went in nose first right beside the goalposts at my local park (the hardest most compact spot on the whole field). My friend who has been flying RC for years could not believe it, the wing literally bounced over twice the height of the goalposts (about 30ft) spinning at the same time. Damage to report was just a broken prop. It just goes to show the virtual indestructibility of these things.
ps i must add that maybe this would not have been the case apart from following some of the excellent mods and tips on yourzagi.com with the fibre tape etc. However when i next go fling the wing i will have no fear of damaging it (reckon thats as bad as it gets) and will give me more confidence at the controls.
Old 02-22-2003, 02:22 PM
Texan

Default Zagi Comments?

thesnapper,

Don't worry about that crash. Most of us Zagi owners have had an incident or two ... three... four. My claim to fame was trying a high speed outside loop only to realize that I didn't have enough elevon throw to complete the maneuver. I executed a perfect inverted figure 9 at a speed that I estimate over 100mph (dive). The only losses were the plastic parts and the elevons. Radio, motor, battery, servos, ESC and wing all survived and are still flying.

Have fun,
TX
Old 02-24-2003, 06:40 AM
SVTCobra

Default ok here goes.......

ok guys i need your help......... i just bought a Zagi 400........ semi kit with engine and prop......... i will need the servos, ESC, and mini servos, and battery................ What servos do i get? WHat ESC do i get? what servos do i get?? and what battery do i get??? HELP!!! and most of all......... where can i get them....does anyone have used stuff i can get??? Thanks
Old 02-24-2003, 01:08 PM
thesnapper

Default re help

Hi, my set up is as follows, i am using a 480 motor running off a 20amp esc and eight cell 1600mah batterys. (purchased from cheapbatterypacks.com). As for servos, i am using standard sanwa servos because they fitted the pre cut holes in the wing cores very well, they all also survived quite a few crashes, some people recommend using metal geared servos but so far touch wood i have escaped with standard ones.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:29 PM
BoomZilla

Default Zagi Comments?

I executed a perfect inverted figure 9
Hey Texan, been there done that! I concluded that my pushrods were bending under full load. I stiffened things up and now get much better inverted flight.

SVTCobra: Hitec HS-81 servos work well. For a Speed-400 most any 20-Amp ESC should work. I like HE1100 batteries myself.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:02 PM
SVTCobra

Default question

hey... is it possible to switch that 400 motor that comes with the zagi to a 600 class motor?? i can get a 600 class motor and 30 A ESC all in one cheaper than buying a straight ESC......... can they just be swapped out.....or is there a size difference??
Old 02-24-2003, 08:56 PM
SVTCobra

Default ok so........

anyone got any of these for sale???

Servos: Hitec HS-81 or equivalent (get the metal geared, if crash prone or planning combat)
ESC: Any 20A ESC, the GWS ICS-400 or similar
Battery: 8x600 Sanyo NiCds