Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

estarter cg

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 10:33 AM
3DSAVAGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default estarter cg

i just finished my estarter! but it don't say where the balence point is. is a conventional wing plane's cg usually 30% of the wing chord
Old 10-08-2007, 11:13 AM
jdetray

Default RE: estarter cg

I've never owned or built an E-Starter, but [link=http://www.gwsus.com/images/note%20book/e_estarter_14.jpg]page 14 of the instruction manual[/link] appears to show the CG location.

- Jeff
Old 10-08-2007, 11:44 AM
AJ1202

Default RE: estarter cg

3-D look under the wing there are 2 marks on each side of the fuse on the wing, circles with like stars inside them, but 1/3 cord is good, if it's stock your gonna be very tailheavy
get it close before you try to fly it. The ES is the most forgiving plane I have ever flown when it comes to being able to fly and land it tailheavy
On mine I carved the batt bay farther forward, right up to the LG mount, this way you use existing weight to help get CG
If you didn't beef up your LG mounting area be prepared for it to break out soon, not being negative, I love my ES, but fact is the LG set up stinks