Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Which motor for a 'Tribute' foamie?

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Which motor for a 'Tribute' foamie?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 06:54 PM
wsmalley
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which motor for a 'Tribute' foamie?

New to the brushless world, but bought this combo at a show and wonder if it will do better than the geared brushed motor that came with the plane. It is a Tower-pro 2410-12 ( which means nothing to me). I have 3 cell lipos. Looks like the brushless will take a 9" prop, while the geared motor comes with a 12" electric. New, also, I might add, to the 'flat foamie' world-so any guidance welcomed! Bill
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64196.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	779834  
Old 10-09-2007, 08:32 PM
foo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which motor for a 'Tribute' foamie?

I have a few of them and used 100 - 180 watt bl motors,trash the brushed motor.I use ultrafly,e-flite and gws bl motors,do not know anything about the tower-pro motor.Maybe some one will jump in on this.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:20 PM
wsmalley

To say the least, the 'stock' motor looks like junk-but that big 12" prop looks impressive. The directions say to upgrade to brushless for 3D, which is where I want to go. The new brushless has the stick mount so it's no big deal to make up a second rig. I still have an old Jeti brushed motor ESC.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:44 AM
foo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have not made it yet make patterns of it so you can make mods to it or rebuild it.The nose section is weak around tke lg mount and the wire gear is weak,I used 1/16 mw for mine and I used flying wires on the bottom of the wing to cut down wing flex.Its not a windy day plane.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:15 AM
wsmalley

Thanks for the tips. I got it for three reasons: fly in the backyard-too far to the field unless I pack for the day ; try to learn some 3D moves-got hooked on them after I got my G3 sim; in winter, our club meets in a huge indoor church gym. Got to get 2 servos for the ailerons, want to have flaperons. BTW, is that some 'special' hinge tape, or will 'Scotchtape' work? Bill