Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Zagi modified, think it will fly???

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Zagi modified, think it will fly???

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 02:21 AM
beerman
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zagi modified, think it will fly???

The Zagi took some hits, so it was time to strip it and recover the thing. I thought I'd try to fix the sloppy handling and short throws...Hopefully this will help...any thoughts??? I'm guessing more motor is in store now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	74140_16491.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	44577  
Old 04-29-2003, 09:31 AM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

it'll help you break them evey tumble
half the problem is the sloopy correx elevons, the other half is the elevator ( always at the back ) is at the tips, so any slight diffrence in up elevator results in tip stall. I adressed the problem on a fast delta with a swept forwards trailing edge giving elevator in the center.
Thats how i see it anyway. How a swept forward Zagi would fly i dunno.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:57 PM
Salty25
My Feedback: (9)

Why use the latice elevons? They are fine for less weight but I think they will break a lot on the Zagi. I'd have stuck with the solid elevons.

Let us know how they work out.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Salty25

Have you tried the carbon prop on it yet? I put one on a couple of weeks ago, big difference. I heard the Graupner prop is even better.

Give it a try.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:37 PM
Bank and Yank
My Feedback: (3)

If I was you I would go with the Coroplast Elevons. They are much stronger and you could even make them bigger I think. I have the Zagi 400x and I am going to buy a new motor today. The Cobalt 400. I can't wait to see how it flies.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:07 PM
Salty25

Bank,

I'd be careful of which Cobalt 400 you get. The wattage one will burn out on you after a few flights. I've seen this happen a few times over the past few months. There is one out there, can't remember the brand, that will work great.

The prob is the Wattage Cobalt doesn't have a shim that will allow it to run backwards. Try to find the one that has a solid case, the Wattage one has a two piece case. Won't hurt to ask if it has a shim in it also.

I have a 400x as well, didn't think to use Coroplast elevons, I'm using the Wing Warriors ones. They are bigger then the Zagi brand and work just fine, just have to shorten them up a bit.

Bounced mine off a bldg yesterday, was able to keep it flying also. I was laughing and cheering so hard that I almost lost it a second time.

:bananahea
Old 05-09-2003, 10:25 PM
gordo-RCU

i use a speed 400 with 8 kr 600`s zaggi prop . flyies like a bat out of you know where. all blue foam airloins also blue foam. flew first time suprised me it`s a 38 inch zagi. got a 72 inch twin 400 1800.batt`s needed to get a 30 amp esc hope it flyies as wellas zagi does o well nothen tried nothing ganed gordo
Old 05-13-2003, 03:35 PM
vanman
My Feedback: (2)

Default zagi handling improvement

I simply turned my elevons around and re-installed them. Thick end to the inside, narrow to the outside.

Talk about a world of difference in the handling. This thing actually flies inverted as well as right side up, does outside loops, split S's and even rolls fairly well this way.

All of these things are things that others at my field cant do. I personally think it looks better that way also.

check out mine at www.dandrc.com in the pride and joy area. I covered it with ultracoat, decided the tape sucked after flying it all winter the tape got wet and started coming off. I did not use any strapping tape, I figured the added strenth of the covering would suffice and it has. This is a much better flying zagi than my first one.

Check it out, try it out and let me know what you think

Bill
Old 05-13-2003, 09:10 PM
Raydee
My Feedback: (3)

I think it looks good! If it actually fly's that much better I am going to do that on mine!