Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 01:25 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BadSplice
Also the Click on - Click off picture interface that you had before was VASTLY better, can we please have that back?
Originally Posted by Dave Harmon
Yes....Please can we get that back?
I have to use the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom to bring the 'close' button into view.
The current method ain't too good.
Thank you. This has been noted!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:28 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by AMA 74894
is there a way to directly upload VIDEO specifically? (without first uploading to you tube / external URL) ?
I've got a couple members in the kit building forum who are SURE they used to be able to upload a video directly (as you would with a photo)
the only option I've been able to find is to add a video URL, but nothing to upload directly.
Unfortunately, it is not possible; was not previously possible. Videos on RCU were/are hosted via http://www.rcuvideos.com
Old 08-19-2013, 01:32 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by JohnB96041
Not getting any email notifications of new posts in threads that I am subscribed to. What up? Is it some setting in my profile?
Have you tried...
Subscription Notification frequency and options can be customized in your profile.

Settings > General Settings > Default Thread Subscription Mode

Remember that you won't get an e-mail for EVERY posts that are being made from one forum until you check them. Once they notify you once, it should stop emailing you about the same forum...so that it doesn't flood your inbox.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:33 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by WILDCRASHWILLY
For those using Kindles,

After I went to RCU and with the home page showing, I went to my Kindle settings. At this point I cleared all cookies and the cache. Then I was able to log off and back on. Downside is you'll have to reenter your passwords as you visit your various sites. When I logged in again everything seems to be working. If you try to post and your keyboard refuses to come up. Go to your RCU profile, then page down to txt editor under settings. It defaulted to WYSIWYG on mine. I changed it to standard mode and so far things I have tried appear to work. Then save and exit the profiles page.

Hope this helps,

Edited some spelling
Thank you for all your contributions!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:36 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by rcand
You can not go back an edit your own thread
What are some problems you are having when you are trying to edit? Do you not see the "Edit post" button on the bottom of your post? are you getting an error page? Please clarify because edit post link is working fine when I tested it.

Thank you.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:46 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Cub Flyer Fresno
I just had something happen to me that is a real PITA! I just type a big long PM, hit the Submit button and POOF! It is GONE! It took me to a blank screen and that was it. I used to copy the text before hitting submit, but not this time.

What happened??? Plus, I see a little "Auto-Saved" message that appears at the bottom of the text box. Where is it saving to? Is it possible to recall that message?

Thanks for the help!

There should be a "Restore Auto-Saved Content" url when Auto Save draft is available. You should able to recall your message by clicking on that url. Keep us updated! Thank you for your patience.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:53 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by EPR Ratio
I sent a PM to a member, and the PM did not show up in the Sent Box.
After you write your PM, make sure you scroll down and check the box that says "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder" in order to get them to show up in the Sent Box.

Originally Posted by Cub Flyer Fresno
Oh, that was another thing. I received a reply to a PM, it was there, just no text in it. The guy did send the text, it just never made it through to me.
Originally Posted by EPR Ratio
I then received a reply to my PM, got the email notification that I had a new PM, but there is no PM in my inbox.
I have reported these issues to Tech. Thank you!
Old 08-19-2013, 02:01 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Masahl
Im getting subscription emails with updates on topics that I'm not (and never have been) subscribing to.
Have you tried this yet?
Regarding Subscriptions for those members still receiving unwanted email notifications. There are two actions you can take, one for forums and the other for threads. To change your preferences for all the threads, see the attached image-- You must select each thread > click the pulldown menu at the bottom > choose your new action for all threads (or the ones you selected).

To change your preference for My Forum subscriptions you have two options-- first open the forum > Forum Tools > Unsubscribe From This Forum

Second is to go to My Forums and choose the black minus logo--

And to be perfectly clear, this does NOT change the default subscription functionality -- only for threads/forums to which you are currently subscribed.

To change the default settign where you are subscribed to all threads you post in, go to Settings, General Settings, Messaging & Notification, change Default Thread Subscription Mode to DO NOT SUBSCRIBE and click SAVE CHANGES at the bottom.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:06 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by BadSplice
I don't know if this will qualify, but here's something I noticed and I haven't seen it addressed. (please forgive if I missed it)
'
When you quote a post that already has a quote in it, the original quote doesn't show up in the final post. Is that something that can be fixed?
vBulletin post cache is slowly rebuilding and this issue should automatically clear up if it has not already. Thank you for your patience!
Old 08-19-2013, 02:08 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jgwright
I use Safari on a Mac and I still have to refresh the page every time go back to the forum list after viewing a thread. I have deleted all cookies and logged out and back. Somehow it is remembering an old page when returning to the forum list. Am I the only one with this problem?

John
Originally Posted by Jgwright
Managed to cure it thanks goodness.

John

Good to hear. Thank you for the update.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:10 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by LazeeAce
Hello. I'm getting notifications in my e-mail about my subscribed threads, but NONE of them (except this one) are checked to receive notifications! Stop the e-mails!
Originally Posted by tree2tree
I am getting notification for thread updates that I never used to get, nor requested. (1/2 A & 1/8 A; Hitec/MultiPlex), but not the threads I used to get (Hanger-9 Sopwith Camel Build Thread; Yellow Aircraft AT-6). Perhaps there have been no updates to those though.
Have you tried this yet?
Regarding Subscriptions for those members still receiving unwanted email notifications. There are two actions you can take, one for forums and the other for threads. To change your preferences for all the threads, see the attached image-- You must select each thread > click the pulldown menu at the bottom > choose your new action for all threads (or the ones you selected).

To change your preference for My Forum subscriptions you have two options-- first open the forum > Forum Tools > Unsubscribe From This Forum

Second is to go to My Forums and choose the black minus logo--

And to be perfectly clear, this does NOT change the default subscription functionality -- only for threads/forums to which you are currently subscribed.

To change the default settign where you are subscribed to all threads you post in, go to Settings, General Settings, Messaging & Notification, change Default Thread Subscription Mode to DO NOT SUBSCRIBE and click SAVE CHANGES at the bottom.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:12 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by maukaonyx
Site is not loading for me when using Chrome on Windows Vista. Works on the same machine if I use IE like right now. Thanks. Jon
What kind of errors are you getting?
Old 08-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Live Wire

When you get down too a few then I will let you know what I have on my little old POS. Yes Don't place the blame on my PC that has been tried before!!!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 02:37 PM
joeraf
My Feedback: (6)

After being continuously signed in for the last couple of days the site knocked me off and wouldn't let me sign in until I purged all RCU cookies.
Firefox v23
Old 08-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Thud_Driver
Working now! Thanks!
Broke again (continuous login).
Old 08-19-2013, 02:49 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by joeraf
After being continuously signed in for the last couple of days the site knocked me off and wouldn't let me sign in until I purged all RCU cookies.
Firefox v23
Originally Posted by Thud_Driver
Broke again (continuous login).

We apologize for the inconvenice. We broke the login for 10 seconds while delpoying an update this afternoon, but it should be fixed now. Please keep us updated.

Thank you!
Old 08-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Live Wire

I have not been able to find the COOKIES some on hid the cookie jar!
Larry K
Old 08-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Xairflyer

Location fixed well done
Old 08-19-2013, 03:51 PM
JohnB96041

Good, the location seems to be fixed. Now fix clicking links from email notifications that takes me to the wrong page.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:53 PM
JohnB96041

First time I clicked the link it took me to page 24, clicked the link a second time and it took me to page 35, or the last post.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:53 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Xairflyer
Location fixed well done
Originally Posted by JohnB96041
Good, the location seems to be fixed.
Good to hear
Old 08-19-2013, 04:33 PM
kwblake

Originally Posted by Live Wire
I have not been able to find the COOKIES some on hid the cookie jar!
Larry K
Good one!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AMA 74894
I believe you may have more than one (as I did) :

Check 'My Settings' and the permissions group button on the left.

Thanks, but I don't have that option. I used to be a Platinum Member.
Here's a screenshot from my profile settings.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	123456.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1910406  
Old 08-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Terry Holston

Originally Posted by crispyspa
What happens when we want to highlight something to enhance a certain point if it is already in bold mode?
Use the Italics mode button, Or underline it it will stand out
Old 08-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Ernie Misner

Thanks so much for looking into this. You are right, it used to say "AOL users click HERE".......... and it was a live link, no copying and pasting. Thanks SO much. Ernie Misner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.