Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Issues or questions with the April 18, 2017 RCU Software update? Post here!

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Issues or questions with the April 18, 2017 RCU Software update? Post here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 11:36 AM
RickVB
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Reported. Also, cool to see someone from Novi! I was born in Brighton, used to go to the 12 Oaks Mall all the time.
It's still here, but the Ribcrackers field near 10 and Wixom is now gone so I have to go to Ypsilanti township to get to a decent field (Flying Pilgrims).

Looks like the tech guys did something with the pre-upgrade posted photos. Many of them are now showing up inline, and clicking on thumbnails now displays the full-sized photos as a link. All the controls are now gone from that screen, though, and you have to use the browser Back to get back to the thread. I guess I can live with that for now...
Old 05-11-2017, 03:38 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Do you get the following message: "The link you clicked on has an incorrect member id. To find a member's gallery, enter all or part of the member's username above where indicated."?

If not, could you post a screenshot that shows the different boxes you get for pictures before/after the changeover?
These pics are not from my gallery but attachments I have uploaded to a thread/topic and now the boxes for editing the latest pics have gone as well. All it says is

You are currently using 39.24 MB to store 243 uploaded attachments.

Last edited by Propworn; 05-11-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:16 AM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RickVB
New issue, I believe, although I'm not sure the search engine was changed in the upgrade.

For an example, go to Advanced Search, type in keyword "Lysander", select Search Titles Only, and hit Search Now. The results will not have the following thread in it:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-...-lysander.html
Tech is rebuilding the search engine. Should take about 12 hours.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:47 PM
IBJoel

Everyone should now be able to edit their posts indefinitely.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:55 PM
RickVB

Tech is rebuilding the search engine. Should take about 12 hours.
That's good, I'll try again tomorrow. I just searched for "Taylorcraft" and only got 4 threads (and not the H9 T-craft one I just came from). Oh, and none of them had "Taylorcraft" in the title...

Last edited by RickVB; 05-11-2017 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:01 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I am not talking about the gallery but the pictures/attachments that have been uploaded to previous posts/threads.To save space why would it not be possible to use the same picture/attachment file in a different thread rather than have to upload the same picture/attachment over and over again. If you delete any of the multiple files the attachment in the related post is deleted as well. So if I were to refer to a certain picture/attachment in several different threads/posts I would have as many of the same file picture/attachments uploaded to the site. Wouldn't this be a poor use of avalilable space?

Dennis

Last edited by Propworn; 05-11-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Get us an easier way to post pictures than having to use another site to get url links
Old 05-12-2017, 01:26 PM
RickVB

Looks like the search engine is fixed - the aforementioned two examples now result in correct results.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:57 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Forum collapse feature still doesn't work. Scrolling through the entire forum every single time is getting annoying. BUT we can at least edit our posts again!
Old 05-15-2017, 08:07 AM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying
Get us an easier way to post pictures than having to use another site to get url links
You don't have to use a URL. You can upload photos directly from your desktop/device.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:52 AM
LukeZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you! Very much appreciated.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:06 PM
DBD1

Glad to see you are working on improving it, but viewing photos is still a hassle.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:52 PM
RickVB

I don't know if this is the place to rag about the search capabilities, but I just tripped over a pet peeve of mine that I see as an item for improvement...

The search apparently won't let you use a term of three characters or less. I understand the need for limits, but at three you eliminate some fairly specific terms such as "CJM". Is there any way that limitation could be loosened to two or less, or that a set of such limiting terms could be collected and allowed?
Old 05-16-2017, 10:36 AM
IBJoel

Rick, I'll see what we can do in that regard, but in the meantime, I can offer the work around of searching and then Ctrl/Apple+F (or choosing "Search This Page" on some mobile browsers) to find instances of your desired term in the search results.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:38 AM
aghost
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Forums with no subscriptions

Originally Posted by aghost
Today I unsubscribed from several sub-forums. Now I have no subscriptions in two forums, but the two forums still show up on my User CP page under subscribed forums. How do I get those two forums off my User CP page?

Brian
Quote above is dated 4/28/17. Things just go worse. The forums (showing even though I have no subscriptions) appear as un-collapsed and the collapse button does not work. The button just disappears when one clicks on it. With all the RCU headings, ads, forums and sub-forums listings there is about two lines of a viewing page that interest me. I have already unsubscribed from several sub-forums just because of all the clutter.

Brian
Old 05-17-2017, 07:32 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Originally Posted by aghost
Quote above is dated 4/28/17. Things just go worse. The forums (showing even though I have no subscriptions) appear as un-collapsed and the collapse button does not work. The button just disappears when one clicks on it. With all the RCU headings, ads, forums and sub-forums listings there is about two lines of a viewing page that interest me. I have already unsubscribed from several sub-forums just because of all the clutter.

Brian
It takes 6 months plus for everything that doesn't work to actually work. Well, except for the search engine. That hasn't worked right for as long as I've been an active member here.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:26 AM
IBJoel

Quote above is dated 4/28/17. Things just go worse. The forums (showing even though I have no subscriptions) appear as un-collapsed and the collapse button does not work.
I have been informed by tech that the forum categories that were causing the User CP page to stretch should now be gone. Can you or anyone else confirm this?
Old 05-17-2017, 02:13 PM
RickVB

Originally Posted by RickVB
Looks like the tech guys did something with the pre-upgrade posted photos. Many of them are now showing up inline, and clicking on thumbnails now displays the full-sized photos as a link. All the controls are now gone from that screen, though, and you have to use the browser Back to get back to the thread. I guess I can live with that for now...
Today, it's a weird mix; it seems like in some threads (like this one) you can now view attachments in the old way (pre-upgrade), with an overlay screen including controls. But some attachments (like the one in posting #1 of that thread) you can't click on to expand at all. In other threads (like this one) we're back to the same black screen with no image that we had right after the upgrade.

Last edited by RickVB; 05-17-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:50 PM
flyboy2610
My Feedback: (1)

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I have been informed by tech that the forum categories that were causing the User CP page to stretch should now be gone. Can you or anyone else confirm this?
Mine seems to be back to normal.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:55 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

My User CP screen is about 3 pages long. I went into it from this very thread. That's a new issue for me. It shows I'm subscribed to every thread on the forum even though I haven't "subscribed" to any of them. I still cannot get the subforums to stay collapsed - scrolling the entire forum main page is getting incredibly annoying. I know I'm a broken record about this, but seriously. Can this "tech team" seriously only tackle one problem at a time?
Old 05-17-2017, 04:52 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought I would add. I haven't had an issue with my UserCP since the upgrade and I'm using Chrome. Subscribed threads with new posts appear and when all posts are read I see:"There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period."
Old 05-17-2017, 07:24 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Need to fix the picture upload interface. having to link everything is ridiculous
Old 05-18-2017, 11:44 AM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying
Need to fix the picture upload interface. having to link everything is ridiculous
Are you only using Quick Reply? In Advanced, you can attach files.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:40 AM
do335a

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Why is it that some picture attachments enlarge to a stretched image only about 1/2 inch high and others are undistorted? Seems to happen randomly. Sometimes with one or more pics in the same post or sometimes with a separate post from the same or a different poster. You just never know where or with what pic.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:47 AM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by do335a
Why is it that some picture attachments enlarge to a stretched image only about 1/2 inch high and others are undistorted? Seems to happen randomly. Sometimes with one or more pics in the same post or sometimes with a separate post from the same or a different poster. You just never know where or with what pic.
Photos that are attached (using the attachment manager) will appear as thumbnails at the bottom of a post, but photos inserted directly into the post appear to display at full size.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.