Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

What happened to the RCU poll

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

What happened to the RCU poll

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 06:29 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What happened to the RCU poll

What happened to poll put up by RCU Admin? Lasted about 2-3 days, hardly enough time to get an accurate count.
What were the results?
Old 11-28-2003, 01:04 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What happened to the RCU poll

Last I saw it had 900+ responses. Most issues were 50/50 old v.s. new except for the new Market Place which was not doing very well. I'll guess that it was pulled so as not to fan the flame of discontent over the changeover.

I originally thought it would take two weeks to get used to the New RCU format but with the unexpectedly longer beta test it took me two months to adjust. I am now only starting to appreciate some of the new features and I think others are returning from alternate sites which tells me they feel the same.

I think the Market Place will get better as well and I don't blame Marc for wanting it to evolve. I bought a $900 dolar plane from someone on the old format that sold several others and he never donated a dime so how fair is that? My favorite complaint lately was from someone who had a hard time posting an item for sale and was mad he could not change the manufacturer after he posted it. How can you take a complaint seriously when they don't even know what item they are trying to sell!
Old 11-28-2003, 01:15 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it was up for a few days.
and ALL posts had the 'click here and vote' tag (which I though was ...)
When I checked, most results were just that side of 50/50 (most of which seemd to prefer teh old style / set-up / feel) in both the forums, and the market place.

We were also told we'd get a chance to voice a few opinions..
Old 11-29-2003, 06:06 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a significant sample size with about 1000 votes...adding another 5000 votes wouldn't sway the result more than 1-3% either way.

Forum was split about 50/50

Market was in 3 camps. When I look to make a decision I check to see how many users don't like something at least as much if not more. If you add together those who liked it the same and those who liked it more and compared it to those who liked the old system better it was bout 60/40 in favor of those who liked the old better. This is a drastic reduction after the "sticker" shock from our launch. I am confident as users continue to get used to it they will like it more.

We continue to refine and enhance it based on feedback to make it less cluttered, more simple, more obvious in many ways. What I will do is have another poll soon asking whether users in the market would be willing to give up all the things they asked me for in order to go back to using a "discussion forum" to buy and sell.

Things like:

1) Full featured Karma Feedback Rating System
2) Search By region or location
3) Guarantee a user will put a price in the ad
4) Stopping of seller bumping
5) Guarantee that seller has a location
6) Ability to choose only address verified sellers/buyers if they want more safety in trading
7) Ability to browse broad categories or pinpoint their search while browsing
8) Ability to search by manufacturer
9) Ability to search by a single product
10) Ability to search by price range
11) Ability to have an auction
12) Ability to have a central place to manage all your ads
13) Ability to mark ads sold
14) Ability to generate an invoice to buyer
15) Ability to track all offers and bids you have on stuff from one area
16) Ability to have category watch lists or keyword trigger watch lists (coming)
17) Ability to filter out all commercial ads from listings
18) Ability to filter out all unsold ads
19) Ability to upload an image of any size to your ad and have it sized on the fly for you
20) Ability to clone ads for duplicate sales
21) Thumbnails with your listing!
22) Choose if only address verified buyers can offer/bid on your stuff

If those who voted in favor of liking the old format wish to consider the above before we embark on going backwards and using what is the wrong tool for the job then we would do that or possibly offer some hybrid/dual system. I don't think that is the best solution. I think if we stick with this and guys continue with constructive feedback we can continue to streamline and simplify any sticky points. 100's of changes have been made since our launch and every day I have more users compliment the site. Even those who didn't like it at launch have completely come around but for everyone it takes time to get used to.

In the meantime everyone can test drive it until their hearts content for the rest of the year as we celebrate our 2 year anniversary with free listings thru Dec 31'st
Old 12-02-2003, 11:19 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marc,
This is a test post, in case it actually works this time.
Dennis-