Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

More Search problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 04:29 PM
Ragwing
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Search problems

I know that people have already complained about searching difficulties, but rather than resurrect some old thread, I figured I just write a new one.

When the new RCU first started, I thought it was just a bug that would get worked out, but I guess not.

It seems like the searches never return very many results. I was in the 1/2A forum and searched for "clean," and depending on whether I chose "body" or "subject" or "combined"--I fiddled with all the pull downs--I got 0 to 1 results. Then I switched to "cleaning"--did all the same things with the pull downs--and got 0 to 1 responses back. But this time it was a different thread, and when I started to read it, I found my first search term--"clean"--appearing several times in this thread, but when I searched for clean it never found it. I've tried the advanced search with a little better results, I KNOW therea re more threads that have the word clean in them. That never happened with the old RCU search engine, is there any way the old search can be restored? Maybe the new search engine is just way more powerful, and I just don't know how to use it. If thats the case, I would ask that you consider changing the defaults to return more results--making it a bit more user friendly. The old searcy was really handy, but now its almost useless. Other than that small problem I love the site. Thanks for the consideration, and all your hard work.

Derek
Old 12-17-2003, 12:18 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: More Search problems

I found 5 threads in 1/2 A containing "clean"

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/sear...mitbutton=+OK+

if you click the link above you will see them. can you point me to any thread that has the word but is not showing up in that search?
Old 12-17-2003, 09:36 PM
Ragwing

Thanks for the reply,

When I search all I get is the fourth one. I have all threads displayed (not just the last 30 days) and I am searching in subject or body, combined topics and replies. Weird.

Thanks

Derek
Old 12-21-2003, 05:22 PM
Ragwing

Ok, I got sooo fed up with this that I browsed until I found a thread that had the word clean in it:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cox_...1303961/tm.htm

This thread does not show up on your list, a list which I can't duplicate for the life of me. A little help?

Thanks!

Derek
Old 12-28-2003, 06:39 PM
mvigod
Banned

something does seem to be off...I am investigating this now
Old 12-30-2003, 02:10 AM
mvigod
Banned

I think we are closing in on a fix for this.