Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Search does not find post after entering

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Search does not find post after entering

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 09:46 AM
Wayne Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Search does not find post after entering

Hi,

For some reason when I "EDIT" a message or enter a message lately, I can no longer find the post by doing a search using key words or phrases to find the message. Example, with the messages below, I try a search for wayne miller or Wayne MIller at the home page search field, the following two do not show up, even though they are in the forums. Although all my other posts show during my search. I assume this is an indexing problem with the software.

How do I get this corrected?

How do I avoid this happening in the future?

Thanks for your help.

Wayne Miller

The address of the first post is:

Forum Home >> Radios, Engines, Batteries, Clubhouse and more >> The Clubhouse >> Why do you like

The title of the post is:

Why do you like R/C Planes and do you think it's a good hobby to grow up with...

The second one I posted and does not come up with a search is:

Forum:
Electric motors,, speed controls, gear drives, props
Title:
Standard specs for electric motors
__________________________________________________ ___________________

Wayne,

I'm afraid that I do not have an answer to your question. Try posting your question in Forum Questions and Problems. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Foru...mid_239/tt.htm
The admins are more likely to have an answer and they check that forum. Your alert goes to the moderators, and we are not involved in that part of RCU. A temporary fix might be to click the Search button at the bottom of any of your posts. That should show a list of all threads that you have posted in.

Hope this helps.

You can locate this message on our forum at (you may need to login first):

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/pm.asp?m=145297

AOL users click here:
<a href="http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/pm.asp?m=145297">AOL users click here</a>
Old 12-28-2003, 06:40 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Search does not find post after entering

Indexing is typically done between 2AM EST and 3PM EST..if your post was made in between these times it won't show up until the following day. If it does not show up the following day something is wrong
Old 12-28-2003, 07:01 PM
Wayne Miller

Hi Marc,

One of the posts is at least two weeks old, the other just about a week. They are in the system, because I can address them directly (address in original email), a search just doesn't seem to find them.

How do I get this corrected?

Thanks for your help.

Wayne Miller
Old 12-29-2003, 10:16 AM
mvigod
Banned

Try it now. I just reupdated the index. Also when in doubt always use the advanced search page by clicking search button as that will yield better results.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:22 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi Marc,

I just checked and its there. Thanks for your help.

I think the problem was created when I made a reply, finished (OK) and then tried using "BACK" in Internet Explorer to return to "TODAYS POSTS".

It never would go back and I think it may have got out of sequence. I now exit after I post a reply and all seems to work OK.

Again, thanks for your help. This is a great resource for modelers! Everyone who assists keeping it working well deserves a lot of credit.

Best regards,

Wayne MIller
Old 12-30-2003, 01:40 AM
mvigod
Banned

There was definitely an issue with the search index not updating properly since the 12th. the reindex should have fixed that issue.