Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Losing The Experts and Their Knowledge

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Losing The Experts and Their Knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Dr1Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Losing The Experts and Their Knowledge

Huh? Where did that come from?????

You did not include the orignal two phrases in your quote that I included in my post. Scroll up to post #128 and you'll find the offending statements. THAT'S where that came from.

Dr.1
Old 01-12-2008, 11:23 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So perhaps it should have been addressed to RAM3500 instead of Stickbuilder. Might have been a tad less confusing.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Dr1Driver

JN, I figure someone could figure it out, given the quotes. I simply followed the line of the thread. Pardon me all to...

Dr.1
Old 01-12-2008, 11:45 PM
JNorton

I looked or thought I did on the entire page and couldn't find what you were referring to. I was simply puzzled. No biggy, I'm not trying to stir anything up. I just could not find the reference.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Bass1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just noticed over on the Wildhare forum that there are several posts made today by an "AL Lewis"...
Old 01-13-2008, 12:39 AM
youngun

Old 01-13-2008, 05:36 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Because for them to post while using their Moderator identity, lends perhaps more credibility to what they have to say (or might to some). I have seen posts from some Moderators that were as erroneous as those from other posting members.

All I'm suggesting is that if a Moderator wishes to post a reply or even start a new thread, they should do so as a posting member, and not as a Moderator. Like I said originally, it's like the cop using his police cruiser for personal use. He's off duty, while posting as a regular member, and does not need to, "Be flashing his badge."

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 01-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Old 01-13-2008, 08:13 AM
JNorton

Amen
Old 01-13-2008, 08:41 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Their giving us all a chance to whine I guess.[sm=lol.gif]
Old 01-13-2008, 09:50 AM
ljones5000

[quote]ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello

ORIGINAL: Bass1

I just noticed over on the Wildhare forum that there are several posts made today by an "AL Lewis"...
I just dropped in to scan this, as I have been periodically to see if there was anything of insight or value to the original post that started the thread.

Al Lewis is still posting.
So is Pat Roy.

So maybe they changed their mind about dropping off RCU???(end quote)

It is puzzling to me why several people, not just Pat and Al, have decided they want to unsubscribe to RCU after a firing off a few posts in this thread. What I'm getting at, it doesn't cost a penny to stay subscribed and if a person wants to get off, why not just sign off for a day or two, or a month or whatever. Why burn a bridge if you don't have to?
Old 01-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello

MODERATORS - RCU ADMIN - This thread is so far off topic..... why aren't you following your own rules? Nearly ALL of the content in here doesn't belong in "Gas Engines", and one could argue that a bunch of the posts have nothing to do with "Losing The Experts...", so why are ya'll letting it run?
Wasn't the whole bases of this thread a direct relation to people who specically post in this forum??? I think it directly relates where it sits.

Now all the sudden RCU is not following it's own rules... funny, if this thread was just deleted or heavily moderated then everyone would have been crying the blues! Damnned if you do damned if you don't.

The whole thread is generally about over moderation and some people venting about it, and some others potentially leaving because of it... now it's not moderated enough. That's just funny in itself.

Come on mods.. you are not doing your jobs now.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:36 AM
captinjohn

Bob P. Why are you wanting to close this thread? This thread coud be in any forum. You have a choice not to click on it and read it? There are many many other threads in the gas engine forum. I do not think its the right time to mention Pat and al also. Let them decide what they want to say. In fact let all other,s decide for themselves. I see no reason to close it...it will just wind down on its own...with some important things to remember when posting. Capt,n
Old 01-13-2008, 11:08 AM
nonstoprc
My Feedback: (90)

Completely agree. Lets keep the thread open. I think this is a good thread for otherwise, Al, RCU and the rest may not get a chance to exchange ideas and Al may decide otherwise.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Old 01-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Dr1Driver

If y'all will read back, several people have asked the Moderators to let the thread run. I'd guess that's why it's still open. Also, the discussion has been civil and usually informative. After everyone has said their piece and the subject becomes old and worn, the thread will die off. RCU will continue, I suspect in much the same way as it has been. There may be some changes brought about by this discussion - we'll see. There will continue to be some who want completely open positng and some who recognize the necessity of Moderation. There will continue to be some who will take Moderation and admit their fault. There will be some who will cry foul and discrimination and threaten to leave the forum, but I suspect few actually will. No one will be completely happy. The intelligent adults among us will quietly take the bad with the good and filter out the garbage. Posting will continue and so will Moderation. So be it.

Dr.1
Old 01-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Kweasel
My Feedback: (29)

I think RCU allows the political stuff because it is very good for their business. This hobby is now dominated by charismatic types, and they are spending lots of money. If this site maintained a purely technical standard then it would not attract enough people/advertisers to make money for its owners. Fortunately there is some useful information on RCU, its just takes longer to find it now.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:22 PM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: pe reivers

I consider RCU to be "my forum", the forum where I meet the folks I feel comportable with. However, sometimes I get the impression, that "freedom" of speech is quite narrowed down to what RCU guidelines dictate. This is not freedom anymore, but smells like fascism.
We Europeans still know what THAT means.

My $0.02

PS, if this post gets moderated, I know what to do.
Bob P. I went back to post on page #1 and read the reply you gave to Pat. I feel like Pe R. that this gas engine forum to be one of "my forums" Like wise it is very easy to pick the thread you want to read under gas engine forum. At any given time you have a chance to read any number of threads in the gas engine forums. I will always believe some of the heated threads we had before will just die out. I do hope people who realize the spoke out of line have the guts to correct their miss doings. Not pointing at anyone here. Best Regards Capt,n
Old 01-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Going back to again read the post it will be noted that I stated I was leaving this forum, not RCU. As noted by others, there's no need to discontinue membership, and reading continues in spite of a lack of desire to participate. There have been no further posts in the engine forum since that time. As in anything, something could change to affect that decision. The fact that this thread has continued in spite of the divergences it has taken shows that there is potential for a positive change.

There have also been some serious negatives which have nearly cancelled out the positives. A statement regarding more new members than departing members, and the apparent position that nobody matters as long as membership is growing was a bit troubling.

In hindsight, had I the time to have contemplated the name of this thread more thoroughly, it should have been titled "Losing the Experienced, the Experts, and their Knowledge". That should help make the name a bit more P.C. and assuage those that like to unneccessarily criticize the individual rather than the content of a thread.

For those interested, I received a message from Al Lewis a short time ago indicating that he can no longer log onto RCU.

Old 01-13-2008, 02:58 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: Pat Roy

I believe you should note that I stated I was leaving this forum, not RCU. As noted by others, there's no need to discontinue membership.
[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-13-2008, 04:00 PM
captinjohn

mrbigg: I second that 2 thumbs up! Capt,n EDIT I got to learn how to put that thumb in the right place.....No comments on the thumb thing now
Old 01-13-2008, 05:37 PM
mxwrench

Going back to again read the post it will be noted that I stated I was leaving this forum, not RCU. As noted by others, there's no need to discontinue membership, and reading continues in spite of a lack of desire to participate. There have been no further posts in the engine forum since that time. As in anything, something could change to affect that decision. The fact that this thread has continued in spite of the divergences it has taken shows that there is potential for a positive change.

There have also been some serious negatives which have nearly cancelled out the positives. A statement regarding more new members than departing members, and the apparent position that nobody matters as long as membership is growing was a bit troubling.
I agree!! Kinda disappointing really.

BK
Old 01-13-2008, 06:38 PM
pe reivers

In hindsight, had I the time to have contemplated the name of this thread more thoroughly, it should have been titled "Losing the Experienced, the Experts, and their Knowledge". That should help make the name a bit more P.C. and assuage those that like to unneccessarily criticize the individual rather than the content of a thread.

For those interested, I received a message from Al Lewis a short time ago indicating that he can no longer log onto RCU.
Been talking with Al about his project. Without RCU this never would have been.
OK, re-phrasing the title? IMHO no need to. We all know by now what it was about.
If the engines forum gets by with just 10% buggers, that is a normal ratio. With lots of people participating, that a lot of buggers though [:@][:@][:@], but I think that we do with less. Not bad at all if you ask my opinion.
Can't have them spoil my day, or my fun in technical discussions.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I may repost this later, but for now, I was asked to remove it.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Flyer Freq

It is beyond unfortunate that Al would be considered such a evil nemises that he would have new posts deleted and finally blocked. It seems that RCU would have been better off letting him come back quietly and letting this whole thing blow over. Just my opinion!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.