Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

Non Existant EagleTree Support!

Community
Search
Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

Non Existant EagleTree Support!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 12:18 PM
ftherrmann
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non Existant EagleTree Support!

I have sent support tickets, posted videos, config files and still can't get any support from EagleTree. I own a ton of EagleTree stuff and have gotten little or NO support from EagleTree.

If you call them you hear the message about "limited support" on M W and F. Well so far I can't get them to answer the phone on ANY DAY!

I've never seen a company as scared of their customers as EagleTree. If all you want to do is take my $$$$ and provide ZERO support than I think you may very well be in for a dose of business reality.

Pitiful!

Fred Herrmann
Old 03-07-2013, 08:59 PM
ftherrmann
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Non Existant EagleTree Support!

Just wanted to do a short followup to my own post concerning the EagleTree lack of support. Too bad their too busy counting $$$ and can't answer the phone.

The problem I had was the relationship of the guardian stabilization and RTH feature of the OSD. After tweaking the values in both I was able to repeatedly do about a dozen successful RTH tests this afternoon.

Here is a link to a short 3 minute video showing the RTH working correctly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xVEhoe38Ks

I'd also like EagleTree to know that I would have been able to figure out this problem much more quickly had EagleTree given me just a little support.

Here's some EagleTree motto suggestions:

"Products engineered by engineers for engineers."

"Don't call us, we'll call you!"

"Don't have a degree in control theory,,, your problem, not ours!"

In conclusion: My recommendation to any non-engineer out there is to stay away from EagleTree unless your ready for a really long and hard heroic effort at trying to decode the EagleTree product instructions.

Sincerely,

Fred Herrmann