Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
MAAC and AMA >

MAAC and AMA

Community
Search
Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

MAAC and AMA

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAAC and AMA

I think that MAAC, (Canada) and AMA (USA) should drop ALL "drone" and FPV and UAV, (BAN) and let those folks form their own organization. Let's see if they can get insurance coverage given the plethora of bad actors within their midst. Let's have the guys that love to see the vehicle IN FLIGHT as a part of their love of things that fly. JMHO.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:58 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 381 Likes on 307 Posts

What's old is new all over again.

I heard the same thing with helicopters became big.

Then again when giant scale 3D because en vouge

Fly within the rules, who cares what you're flying. Come to a club, get educated, be safe.

That's like restricting Corvettes because they can go too fast.
Old 02-11-2021, 05:00 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
That is a horrible analogy and is not the same whatsoever.

Astro
Old 02-11-2021, 05:41 PM
My Feedback: (29)

Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
What's old is new all over again.

I heard the same thing with helicopters became big.

Then again when giant scale 3D because en vouge

Fly within the rules, who cares what you're flying. Come to a club, get educated, be safe.

I agree, just about every time some new thing comes along there are plenty of guys that scream it's going to be the end of the hobby. Only thing different this time is the FAA has gotten involved. As much as I dislike BLOS and FPV banning them or excluding them makes as much sense as banning firearms.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:16 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
I agree, just about every time some new thing comes along there are plenty of guys that scream it's going to be the end of the hobby. Only thing different this time is the FAA has gotten involved. As much as I dislike BLOS and FPV banning them or excluding them makes as much sense as banning firearms.
It's not about FPV flight being a, "new thing" and therefore a threat, it is about it being completely and fundamentally different from traditional flight and how it affects the NAS in a completely different manner, requiring completely different regulation. It simply doesn't fit the fundamental scope of what the AMA has been for so many decades. The back and forth narrative between AMA members that are "pro FPV" or "anti FPV" within the organization proves nothing and has been around for nearly a decade now. The proof is in the pudding; Millions of new drone operators have registered with the FAA, yet the AMA's membership has seen a decline. To me, that is organic proof of the distinct differences between FPV vehicles and their operators and traditional models and their respective operators.

Astro
The following users liked this post:
Desertlakesflying (02-11-2021)