Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12FG Gyro Tx programming

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 09:17 AM
ALWAYSPDG
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12FG Gyro Tx programming

Hi there.

I am trying to set up a Futaba GY520 gyro on an electric Titan heli. If you could, please run me thru the steps on programming the 12FG. I usually set up my gyro so that a switch can toggle me back and forth between NORM & AVCS mode. This is new to me setting up a gyro on a 12FG radio.

Thanks for the help.

Mike
Old 06-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 12FG Gyro Tx programming

You want to use conditions.

In the first condition, you set the gyro menu to be on and in AVCS mode, with the group set to SNGL. Do not set a switch.

Toggle to the next condition and set the gyro to NORM mode, with group set to SNGL.

Now, you have a switch that will toggle between modes.

If you have more than two conditions, you set the gyro type as how you need them to be, whether AVCS or NORM in those conditions. Just remember to set the group to SNGL>
Old 06-29-2012, 08:54 AM
ALWAYSPDG
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 12FG Gyro Tx programming

Hi Bax.

Ok, here is how I set things up: Model Menu to Cond Select, here I have four conditions, normal, idleup 1, idleup2, idleup3, and hold. I am using normal, idleup1, and idleup2. I have set up rate 1 "AVCS" and rate 2 "norm" on switch GF. I am able to switch between these two rates on any of the above conditions. I have set my gyro to 70% on AVCS and 30% on NORM. All group settings were set to single. In the AVCS mode, I get a solid red light on my 520 gyro and in the NORM mode, I get a solid blue light. I have set up DR on switch SA at 75% and expo at -30% as per the gyro instructions.

Does my above set up sound like what you were describing to me in your post above?

Thanks,

Mike