Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Receiver

Old 07-04-2012, 06:24 PM
riot3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver

Bax or Krysta,

I'm planning to outfit a bi-plane which requires 8 servos plus an ignition unit, & will be using a 18 MZ.

I'm planning to use the R6008HS which will use up all 8 of the servo ports. However, can I plug the ignition unit onto the data port? If not, I also have a R7008SB. If both rx is not suitable, which rx do you recommend for this application? In addition, I'll only be using BLS servos, no HV or any SB units.

Thank you,

Adrian
Old 07-11-2012, 06:08 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Receiver

You cannot use the data port to operate a servo or a device that operates like a servo. The R7008SB receiver has room for only 8 servo plug-ins if you do not use the S-Bus. If you need more servo ports, then you'll need something like the R6014HS receiver, which has 14 servo ports, or use the R7008SB receiver and use the S-Bus. Since you're not using S-Bus servos, you'll need an S-Bus decoder for anything that will run off the S-Bus.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:56 AM
Mark Derbyshire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or use 2 x 7008 receivers giving you 16 channels

MArk
Old 08-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah, yes...briefly forgot about that one.