Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Latest 14SG updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 02:12 AM
dingo9882

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest 14SG updates

I am very embarrassed to ask this but I need to make sure that I do not lose my model data. If I update my 14SG to the latest version will I lose my model data? I also have an SD card installed. Reason why I am asking is when I read the instructions it says I have to format the SD card before doing any updates. Does that mean it will format the models? How do I know if my models are on the SD card or on the radio itself?
Old 04-29-2016, 06:21 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When you go into the Model Select screen of the Linkage Menu, you can see if the model you're looking at is on the card or in the transmitter.

You only need to format a new, unused SD card before doing anything; updates or model storage.

An update will not erase models you have stored on the card or in the transmitter, but it's best to use a separate card for updates to make sure no errors damage the model you have stored.