Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

T9 Cap

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 02:49 PM
bob62
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T9 Cap

I have been given a T9Cap radio, it is on channel 22. What is required to change this unit to channel 50

Thanks Bob
Old 03-15-2018, 08:08 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

You will have to find a TX module and matching receiver crystal. You can contact Tower hobbies to see if they still have any in stock. That radio has been out of production for a fair bit of time so parts may be limited.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:42 PM
bob62

Default Cap 9

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC
You will have to find a TX module and matching receiver crystal. You can contact Tower hobbies to see if they still have any in stock. That radio has been out of production for a fair bit of time so parts may be limited.
Bill there is a module on E Bay that is the type that you can dial the desired channel. They want $75.00 for it, is this a fair price, if so would I still need the crystal

Bob
Old 03-16-2018, 03:37 PM
FUTABA-RC

If the TX module is compatible then all you will need is the RX crystal. I just can;t say for sure what the availability is on those.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:56 PM
SometimesFlyer

The Futaba T9 Transmitter uses a replaceable RF Module with a removeable frequency crystal located on the back of the transmitter.

The Futaba RF Module is available on 27mhz, 40mhz, 72mhz, 75mhz bands.
The RF Module was used by multiple Futaba transmitters. The RF Module came built for AM OR FM Modulation. When buying a replacement RF Module, it's important to make sure of which one you need, and what the Seller has available. Most Futaba transmitters are/were FM.

The model number for the FM RF Module is FP-TP-FM followed by the frequency number.

The model number for AM RF Modules is FP-TP-AM followed by the frquency number.

Many people say that you can change the frequency crystal plugged into the RF Module to change the frequency. It is recommended to use a Futaba Brand transmitter crystal. Some people recommend sending the RF Module into Futaba to have the crystal changed, and other people say you will be fine if you just use a Futaba crystal (and range check).

You could also buy a complete RF Module with a crystal and simply plug it into the transmitter. You can find used Futaba RF Modules priced between $5-$25. .

Futaba also sold a "Dial a Freq" RF Module which sold for about $100-$150 when new. You can often find them for $50-$100 on eBay now.

Hitec has a "Dial a Freq" RF Module they called the Specra Module which could be purchased from eBay Sellers until recently for less than $10. I am using one of these and it works fine on my Futaba T9 transmitters.

Last edited by SometimesFlyer; 03-16-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:39 PM
bob62

Default Hobbico

If the TX module is compatible then all you will need is the RX crystal. I just can;t say for sure what the availability is on those.
Hobbico has stopped all support on crystal changes on radio

Bob
Old 03-16-2018, 07:53 PM
FUTABA-RC

Which is what I suspected.

On another note, I want to remind folks that this is not an open general discussion forum. It is for direct vendor support. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:54 AM
neilt162

Hello, I have 2 FutabaTCAG units (1 Master the other Pupil). Messing around changing Modes from Mode 2 Left Stick, to Mode 1 Right Stick, put it all together heard a "Phutt" noise from within, took back off, realigned battery pins, back together now under the 2.4 Ghz in top right of display I get "ERR" and there is no Blue transmitt signal, Monitor flashing. Red Have I done a module and in Aust where do I send it for repair?_ Thanks NeilT
Old 04-18-2018, 06:07 AM
FUTABA-RC

That is something that will have to go to your nearest service center for diagnosis and repair.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:38 AM
bob62

Default Cap 9

That is something that will have to go to your nearest service center for diagnosis and repair.
There is no service center anymore, I cent the module to Tony at Radio South, he change to channel 50 and works fine
Old 04-18-2018, 09:47 AM
FUTABA-RC

The Futaba US service department is back in operation effective last week,