Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14SG mixing rudder/aileron and rudder/elevator

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 07:44 AM
paco ritter
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14SG mixing rudder/aileron and rudder/elevator

I have never used mixing for this purpose. Flap to elevator mixing I have used but not a mix to improve knife edge flight, which is my end result with this question. I find no videos on this so far and your instruction manual is as clear as Red River mud. What I need is fairly simple. Here is what I want to do. On knife edge, using right rudder, my Beast tends to want to roll out to the right (indicating I need a touch of left aileron mix when I input rudder for this maneuver). It also tends to pull towards the canopy, meaning I need down elevator mix in with the rudder input. Since I know what I need but am not sure how much of each input is needed until something is put in and I can try the same maneuver to see how close I have it, how do I achieve this? I also understand I can link the two mixes somehow so they both function at once with the rudder input.

Knife edge the other rudder direction (left rudder) will require similar inputs as above, how do I differentiate between the two, left rudder/right rudder input ? Do I make another mix using basically the same inputs only minus instead of plus inputs? Simplified instructions using examples such as what I have stated above would be just great. A video would be even better, however instructions will do if they are stated more for the purpose I am inquiring about rather than generically offered to cover many things but none specifically.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:04 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

There are menus for both Rudder->Elevator and Rudder->Aileron mixing. You can mix in as needed for each direction of rudder in the same menu for each (Ail & Elev).

You can use the same switch/slider/dial/stick location to turn both mixes ON/Off or simply leave them on all the time. You need trial and error to get it just right. But it really does not take that long to get it dialed in.