Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

FP-T7FG/K FM 72 Mhz. Need Compatible Rx

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 02:32 AM
Ancient Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up FP-T7FG/K FM 72 Mhz. Need Compatible Rx

Hi, I have an old Futaba FP-7FG/K 72Mhz FM transmitter which I think still works and would like to buy a receiver or two to match this unit. Other then the original FP-R107N ( I have one), can you please advise me which other receivers are compatible with this old radio. They can be 4,6 7 or 8 channel. I don't mind. My minimum need is 4 channel.
Thank you greatly.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:59 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Compatible receivers will depend on if the transmitter is narrow band,1991 approved and frequency channel. If still wide band it is no longer legal to use as is but Radio South likely can make it narrow band legal.

If already narrow band almost any Futaba FM, or Hitec FM, receiver should work with appropriate crystal.

A little more information will be helpful.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:18 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

You will find it difficult to locate receivers. Ebay, etc. will be your best bet along with the classifieds on various RC forums.

Here is a link to the manual in cose you do not have it

5fg-6fg-7fg-manual.pdf
Old 01-07-2022, 06:15 PM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

In case this information is useful, I have the 7 and 4 channel FG series transmitters - AM and FM respectively that went back to Futaba for their 1991 upgrade and they both came back with their receivers swapped for the FP-R127DF dual conversion FM 7-channel receivers. The 7 channel transmitter is still marked AM but both transmitters have the gold 1991 R/CMA AMA RF check w/ date stamp stickers applied to the transmitter backplate (RF module on the 4). In order to use the existing G-series connectors (exposed male pins) from the 7 FG AM's servos and switch harness on the flite-pack equipment, a short adapter extension (G to J) was used to plug these components into the receiver.

Beware, if memory serves me correctly, prior upgrades included an interim silver sticker as used for a short time to validate systems that were passing 40 KHz spacing for even-only channels prior to 1991 and technically would not be legal for use today as are all the older, wide-band equipment.
Old 01-08-2022, 09:24 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Honestly you would be ahead of the game just getting a new 2.4 GHz radio.

https://futabausa.com/product-catego...s/air-systems/