Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14SG PMix Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 04:33 AM
RBACONS
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 14SG PMix Problem

I'm using a 14SG radio and have a throttle servo on channel 3 controlled by J3 and a servo on channel 8 (VPP) controlled by switch SG (Off/On/On). The channel 7 servo arm positions correctly via switch SG at 90 deg apart (i.e. off position (vertical) and on position (horizontal) are as desired.) I want to mix the throttle channel with channel 7 such that at low throttle, the channel 7 servo moves to the on position (horizontal) and above low throttle the channel 7 servo moves to the off position (vertical).

Essentially, I want the channel 7 servo to be in the off position whenever the throttle is high AND SG is off and the channel 7 servo to be in the on position whenever the throttle is low OR SG is on.

My attempts so far result in J3 not moving the channel 7 servo enough (even at OFFS Y at -100) and it adding to the channel 7 servo position. That is, SG off and J3 low only moves the servo about 45 deg instead of 90 deg and SG on and J3 low moves the servo about 135 deg instead of 90 deg.

Last edited by RBACONS; 08-03-2022 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-03-2022, 06:32 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

You asked this question in another forum. I'll ask the same thing as I did there. What is it you are trying to do? What functions are you mixing annd what is it you are wanting to achieve?
Old 08-04-2022, 04:08 PM
RBACONS

I have a glow driver circuit controlled by the servo arm position of a servo on channel 7. With switch SG off, the circuit is open (servo arm vertical), with switch SG on, the circuit is energized (servo arm horizontal). In addition, when the throttle stick (CH 3) is lowered to 1/4, I want the channel 7 servo to energize the circuit independent of switch SG position. Above 1/4 throttle, CH 3 should not affect the channel 7 servo arm position, it should reflect whatever SG is set to.

In other words,

(throttle < 1/4 OR switch SG forward) = servo arm energizes circuit
(throttle > =1/4 AND switch SG back) = servo arm breaks circuit

I set up 2 PMIXs to do this, and each works properly on its own but when both the throttle is low and the switch is activated
the 2 add to the servo's energized position. That is, the servo moves properly when either is energized but moves even further if the second is also energized.

Last edited by RBACONS; 08-04-2022 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:00 AM
RBACONS

Thanks but I got this solved elsewhere.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:24 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Glad Malcolm got it worked out for you.