Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

GYA Gyro question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2023, 03:59 PM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GYA Gyro question.

Am I right in saying the GYA553 uses 3 channels for the gains at all times?

At the moment the 7114 Rx has all the channels used including one for the gain on a different brand gyro.

thanks
jason
Old 10-30-2023, 04:36 AM
t.t.flyer

Correct. Each of the three channels are used for Aileron, Elevator and Rudder. Gyro, Gyro2, Gyro3, respectively. Gains are controlled for each Rate function and can be adjusted for each Gyro channel. The optional recover function would take up an additional channel if used.

Be sure to review the instruction manual as it shows the default channels related to each of the three gyro gains.
Old 10-30-2023, 06:31 AM
jason

Originally Posted by t.t.flyer
Correct. Each of the three channels are used for Aileron, Elevator and Rudder. Gyro, Gyro2, Gyro3, respectively. Gains are controlled for each Rate function and can be adjusted for each Gyro channel. The optional recover function would take up an additional channel if used.

Be sure to review the instruction manual as it shows the default channels related to each of the three gyro gains.
thanks for taking the time to reply. No need for me to read the instructions further as your reply tells me that this gyro is unsuitable for my models which don’t use Sbus hubs and so on.

thanks
jason
Old 10-30-2023, 03:06 PM
t.t.flyer

Originally Posted by jason
thanks for taking the time to reply. No need for me to read the instructions further as your reply tells me that this gyro is unsuitable for my models which don’t use Sbus hubs and so on.
Jason,
Just so you know, the GYA553 gryo only needs a single S.BUS 2 connection from your receiver. Connections to Aileron, Elevator and Rudder are the typical analog or digital connections from the gyro.
Old 10-30-2023, 03:33 PM
jason

Jason,
Just so you know, the GYA553 gryo only needs a single S.BUS 2 connection from your receiver. Connections to Aileron, Elevator and Rudder are the typical analog or digital connections from the gyro.
ok can you explain further. So what about the pre assigned channels in the gyro? Do I lose the ability to use those channels on the receiver I currently have on gear, brakes and flaps ? In other words, I am currently using all the channels in my 14 channel 7014 receiver and one of those channels is being used by the gain on my current gyro. Can I use the GYA553 gyro with this install?

thanks
jason

Last edited by jason; 10-30-2023 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-30-2023, 04:47 PM
t.t.flyer

The GYA553 will require 3 additional channels if you choose to use all of them as well as a fourth if you want to use the recover function. Which transmitter do you plan to use with the GYA553?

I use a 7014 as well and have 2-flaps an on-board glow driver and using recover but not brakes.

Here is my channel/control layout;
1 Aileron J1
2 Elevator J2
3 Throttle J3
4 Rudder J4
5 Gyro SD
6 Aileron2 J1
7 Gyro2 SD
8 Gyro3 SD
9 Flap --
10 Recover SH
11 Flap2 --
12 Throttle2 SB - on-board glow
DG1 Gear RS
Old 10-31-2023, 05:32 AM
jason

The GYA553 will require 3 additional channels if you choose to use all of them as well as a fourth if you want to use the recover function. Which transmitter do you plan to use with the GYA553?

I use a 7014 as well and have 2-flaps an on-board glow driver and using recover but not brakes.

Here is my channel/control layout;
1 Aileron J1
2 Elevator J2
3 Throttle J3
4 Rudder J4
5 Gyro SD
6 Aileron2 J1
7 Gyro2 SD
8 Gyro3 SD
9 Flap --
10 Recover SH
11 Flap2 --
12 Throttle2 SB - on-board glow
DG1 Gear RS
Ok thanks for that. I have the following on the 12 channels. I can’t use either of the DG ports.

Ail
Ail
Ele
Ele
Rud
Flap
Flap
Nose wheel
Gear
Brakes (needs to be proportional)
throttle
Gyro

thats 12 so nothing spare. The GYA553 won’t work for me ☹️

thanks again
Jason

Old 11-01-2023, 01:13 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Jason, you are completely missing the point of S-Bus.

You have your general servo's into the receiver outputs. but you have 18 from the S-Bus output - the gyro function channels can be on 13, 14, 15 or 16.

I would re-map as follows .......

Direct connections into receiver
ch 1 - Throttle
ch 2 - Flap 1
ch 3 - Flap 2
ch 4 - Gear
ch 5 - Brakes
ch 6 - Nose Steering

Controlled from tx, but connected to 553.
ch 7 - Aileron 1
ch 8 - Aileron 2
ch 9 - Elevator 1
ch 10 -Elevator 2
ch 11 - Rudder
ch 12 - Gyro Aileron
ch 13 - Gyro Elevator
ch 14 - Gyro Rudder

ch 15 - Gyro recover

Depending on which transmitter you have, will dictate how you set up the 553.
The 32MZ and 16iZ can connect directly with the gyro and its very simple to move things around then.
Using the GPB-1 will also allow easy changes in all of the menu's.
If your just using the buttons on the case - you will be very limited in what you can change !

modtron
Oxford UK

Last edited by modtron; 11-01-2023 at 02:57 AM.