Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

R7108SB and R7208SB capable of SBus & SBus2?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2023, 05:02 PM
Nick Yuhasz
My Feedback: (11)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default R7108SB and R7208SB capable of SBus & SBus2?

With my 18SZ, I want to use an iGyro SRS. Previously I set protocol to FASST, use a FASST receiver (R6208SB), and connect the SBus receiver port to the iGyro SRS.
Now I want to use a FASSTest receiver (R7108SB and R7208SB) to utilize telemetry. The potential problem is that the iGyro SRS can only accept SBus (not SBUS2).

Will the SBus2 receivers R7108SB and R7208SB output SBus signals to the iGyro SRS AND simultaneously allow telemetry via SBus2? I have been reluctant to test with the iGyro since there are warnings about it only accepting a SBus connection otherwise damage will occur. I think the answer is "yes", that is, it will work as long as I use the correct ports on the receiver and switch the channel configuration on the SBus2 receiver....

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Last edited by Nick Yuhasz; 11-13-2023 at 05:05 PM.