Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

R7208SB in dual redundancy rx mode

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2023, 02:21 PM
dave.windymiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default R7208SB in dual redundancy rx mode

Thinking of buying an R7208SB to benefit from the dual RX.

If i attach another FASSEST receiver to an R7208SB and combine them as dual RXs , is it only the R7208SB RX's standard servo outputs that are controlled from either receiver depending on which it chooses? Am i right in thinking that the "other" receiver outputs are only fed from its own receiver circuit (not both RX's)?

Im thinking i would have flight controls on the R7208SB as channels 1-8 (mode A) as these would have 2 receivers feeding them and i would have ch 9 upwards on the "other Receiver" with less vital servos not benefiting from 2 receivers.

16SZ transmitter & no Sbus servos!
Thanks
DaveM
Old 12-06-2023, 12:41 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Dave, when i played with this system for testing, i found it to be the most crazy version that Futaba has ever come up with.

The idea is for dual receiver redundancy, with rx 2 as the back up.
All servo connections are made only in rx 1.

But when I questioned how can i demonstrate that rx 2 has taken over from rx 1, as there is no visual identification of this process ?
The answer that came back from Japan was - "simple, just cut off the antennas from rx 1 and rx 2 will take over".

This is NOT the way to do redundant receivers !

modtron
Oxford UK
Old 12-06-2023, 10:41 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

i would not be involved in cutting off rx antennas, but a carbon tube covering over each antenna would do the demo, as would unplugging the 2 antennas on rx 1 from the board.
Old 12-11-2023, 12:22 PM
dave.windymiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Decided against buying one. They would be better selling an add on rx (with no servo slots) that gives extra redundancy to existing receivers.

Thought about metal plates to "hide" the antennae to test the system but decided to stick with my 14ch rx
Cheers Dave