Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9C instructions not in a 3-ring binder, blemishes in transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 03:50 PM
BackAfter20
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9C instructions not in a 3-ring binder, blemishes in transmitter

I have two questions.

I received my 9C last night. I had previously downloaded and printed the manual updates, but the instructions that came were a book, not in a 3-ring binder as indicated on the website. Is there somewhere I can download the entire manual, or am I supposed to cut the book and punch holes through it to create the binder?

The transmitter has blemishes all over the top, coming from all 3 of the round knob holes in the top center and another above the Campac module slot, which look like cracks and really detract from its looks. That made me sad. I was going to send it back, but then I noticed the picture of the 9C in September's Model Airplane News review has the same crack-looking blemishes in the same place. How can I get one that does not look cracked, or are they all like that?
Old 08-16-2002, 08:11 PM
Greg Morrison

Mine has the same blemishes in the same places interestingly enough so it must have something with the manufacturing process. I'd rather they weren't there but they're not so bad that I can't live with it. Having the manual in a binder would be a nice touch.

Greg
Old 08-17-2002, 06:34 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Hi, Back! What you are seeing are mold marks. They are normal and are on all the radios. The unique finish on this radio makes them more visible than on other models.

The manuals should've been looseleaf not bound, but Japan goofed and bound one run. if you'd like an unbound one, please email my team directly [email protected] about trading yours.
Old 08-26-2002, 03:32 PM
BackAfter20
My Feedback: (5)

I got my looseleaf manual Saturday. Thanks : )

Now that I know the blemishes are mold marks and are on all 9Cs, I feel much better and don't really notice them anymore.

ps Wow, this radio is awesome. I just set up my new plane. The aileron travel was too much, but I couldn't go any farther down the servo arm because only the tips are exposed. In less than a minute, I decreased servo travel, 70% up, 60% down. Done! Next I get to set up expo and flaperons, and those menus seem just as easy and quick. I had no idea what I was missing.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:35 PM
kyoshoCAP
My Feedback: (-1)

Yep,

I just got my 9c yesterday from Hobbytown USA (They honored the Tower price) and put it in my new Cap 232-60 all i can say is WOW I love this radio.

I was also wondering about those marks, It looked like someone went and took a needle and scratched it above the dials. Thanks for the explaination.

Greg