Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9Z, turbine, elevator to brake and gear to brake mixes

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 06:48 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9Z, turbine, elevator to brake and gear to brake mixes

amcross wrote on 08-26-2002 2:51 PM:
hi av! ok, the first one is easy...take your elev to ch 8 mix and put it on the gear switch. when gear is down, mix is on. when gear is up, mix is off.

as far as the brakes full lock, could u simply turn the channel 8 dial to full lock, and then turn back to 'off'? if not, do a pmix on an unused switch which is master: offset, slave: channel 8, 100%, on that switch. assuming your brakes are off at full left servo and on at full right servo, you'll need a second mix, identical, on the same switch. One mix takes you from full left to neutral. the other is from nuetral to full right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi amc,
i'm a turbine flyer and a 9zwc2 user....here's what i want to do, but don't know for sure how to do it.......my jet has an electronic/proportional valve for the wheel brakes plugged into channel 8......i use the elevator channel as the master and channel 8 as the slave......with the elevator stick at the neutral position the brakes are off.....ok so far.....as i apply down elevator the brake valve activates in it's proportional mode and when i reach full down elevator i now have full brakes lock up....still ok so far....it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do...now here's what i want to do: i want the brakes/channel 8 to operate only when the retractable landing gear/channel 5 is in the gear down position.....why?...because when the landing gear is in the retracted position/gear up, and i'm using down elevator during the course of the flight i'm wasting the air supply for the brakes.....so, my questions are:...how do i deactivate channel 8 when the landing gear is in the retracted/up position?....and, when the plane is on the ground for an engine startup, how can i activate channel 8 to give me full brakes lockup independant of using the elevator stick?......any advice you can offer me to set these features up is greatly appreciated....thanks again