Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

6xhs

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 05:17 PM
FirefighterWV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6xhs

I have the 6XHS radio and I am having problems setting the idle up function. With idle up off, I am hovering at 3/4 stick, which is what I want, the problem is...when I switch to idle up it over throttles the engine.
Old 08-20-2002, 08:43 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Default 6xhs

Please advise what exactly your setups are. Your idle up settings at hovering -- which should be HALF STICK and that is likely the problem -- should look identical between normal and idle up at the hovering points. if you aren't hovering at half stick then the hovering pitch and hovering htrottle and idle ups will all be effected and less effective.
Old 08-21-2002, 04:46 PM
FirefighterWV

Default 6xhs

OK, I'll change the set-up to hover at half stick and then set up idle-up again. Right now I have about -2 degrees of pitch at the bottom and about +9 on top in normal mode, then when I go into idle up I have -9 degrees on bottom and +9 degrees on top. In idle up the throttle wasn't low enough at 0 degrees pitch which of course changes the head speed through out the curve... I was wanting to be almost at idle at mid stick and be able to hover at 3/4 stick on both positive and negative pitch. With the extra pitch on both sides of the stick for pull out, tricks etc.
Old 08-21-2002, 05:13 PM
amcross

Default 6xhs

Sorry, FF, you're asking for more than this entry level radio can easily support. The radio is set up (as are all the Futaba radios) for the hovering pitch/hovering throttle/etc to support hovering at center stick.
Old 08-21-2002, 05:35 PM
FirefighterWV

Default 6xhs

OK, thanks for the help. So..If I get a 9C then I still wont be able to hover right side up and inverted at 3/4 stick on top and bottom? I thought with the 5 point throttle and pitch curves that the 9C would with your settings at...
THROTTLE---100 50 0 50 100
PITCH---100 50 0 -50 -100

or something there close...
Old 08-21-2002, 09:07 PM
amcross

Default 6xhs

FF,
Yes, you could; however, doing so means you're minimizing the usefulness of hovering throttle and hovering pitch, as they adjust based upon center stick.