Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14MZ Elevon setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 12:00 AM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14MZ Elevon setup

Hi,
Could someone point me in the right starting direction to get elevons (Kangaroo) setup. I selected a flying wing with 2 ailerons, but then went completely insane attempting to get this set up. It was so very simple in my 9ZAP, and I have discharged a battery trying to get somewhere with this. I seem to have ailerons now on my elevator stick and the aileron stick moves both elevons as if they were elevators except the right one moves much farther than the left. I tried a search on this forum and a perusal of the 14 MZ FAQ, but found nothing to help...
Thanks,
Len
Old 09-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Len

Default RE: 14MZ Elevon setup

Okay, I read the manual (raining today) and I was able to see the error in my ways. So I started over again with a clean model memory, selected the flying wing with 2 ailerons. I left the default Rx Ch settings and hooked up the servos accordingly. I have functional elevons and everything moves the correct direction and distance relative to each other.

HOWEVER: when the elevon servos are driven to the stick limit (less than the servo limits) then the servo stops there for a LOOONG time. This is very disconcerting and would result in a definite crash, as the time of sticking is from a half second to infinite, forcing the Rx power to be shut off, in order to reset everything. The servos are JR 8411's, and worked perfectly well on the 9ZAP and R149DP. Other than the 14MZ and its RX nothing has changed. Anyone have an idea?
Thanks,
Len
Old 09-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Len

Default RE: 14MZ Elevon setup

Well I read Bax's post below: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3333090/tm.htm and that cleared it all up for the throw issues. The problem with the sticking servos is related somehow to the DSC cable usage! I can make this happen everytime the DSC is used, but as soon as I go to transmitting RF the servos act perfectly normally! Not that it is an issue but if you can shed some light on this one Bax, I would be most appreciative.

Hmmm 3 posts in a row from me... I may be talking to myself

Thanks,
Len