Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Receiver For Futaba 6EXA FM Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 01:50 PM
pnewell9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver For Futaba 6EXA FM Transmitter

I just bought a used Futaba 6EXA radio and need to buy a dual conversion receiver to go with it...but don't know here to look.....or go? Be merciful...I'm a rank "newbie" ...a beginner. Also, is it absolutely necessary to purchase the xmt and rcv units as a matched pair...or can I just buy a receiver and ...be OK? All advise and help will be much appreciated ! Pete
Old 05-11-2006, 02:17 PM
8D3
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Receiver For Futaba 6EXA FM Transmitter

You will be fine buying just a reciever.Call Tower Hobbies and tell them what channel your TX is on and they'll take care of it.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:25 PM
vertigo72480

The Futaba receiver that ships with it is the R127DF. Futaba uses a high and a low band so you will need to know what channel your radio is on. You can also get one of the many Hitec receivers as well. They work fine. I've got both Hitec and Futaba in my collection of planes as well as a few GWS single conversion receivers. PM me if you'd like more detailed information.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:26 PM
pnewell9

Tower Hobbies. OK...got it. And, thanks ! Pete
Old 05-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Krysta

Hi pnewell9,

Any current FM Futaba receiver will work with this 6EXA transmitter. The R127DF that used to ship with this is now discontinued but it has been replaced with the R168DF.

You do not need to purchase the transmitter and receiver as a matched set, you simply need to make sure that the crystal for whatever receiver you buy is on the same channel as the transmitters crystal.

In the case of the R168DF, make sure that the crystal is not only the correct channel, but that it is Dual Conversion crystal. Some smaller FM receivers such as the R114F take what is known as a "Short" crystal. This will not work in the older R127DF or the R168DF.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: pnewell9

I just bought a used Futaba 6EXA radio and need to buy a dual conversion receiver to go with it...but don't know here to look.....or go? Be merciful...I'm a rank "newbie" ...a beginner. Also, is it absolutely necessary to purchase the xmt and rcv units as a matched pair...or can I just buy a receiver and ...be OK? All advise and help will be much appreciated ! Pete