Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

futaba t9zhp issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 10:23 PM
slammed2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba t9zhp issues

well i have had my 9z now for a few years and i love it. however i moved recently and have not had a chance to fly in about two months so i got out all my equipment and planes and started to check things out. i have two issues. first which this was discussed in another post but am curious if both problems are possibly connected. my first thing is that when you move the throttle stick the rudder glitches a little. but not the ailerons when you move the elevator or any combo there of. now i am assuming that that is a dirty pot issue. i can deal with that. when i bought the 9z i upgraded from a fp-t7uap. which i still have and it works great. but i noticed that recently when i fired up the 9z the tx module is getting quit warm. the module that is in it came out of my 7uap which is a fp-tp-fm. now like i said this has all worked fine for over two years. don't know why that issue would have started. i am up for sending it in to be serviced which is what i am sure i wil l have to do to fix the glitch issue but is my tx module going bad or have i just been lucky all this time and not had an with the tx module since i just read in another post that they are not compatible. and are these possibly some how connected. and also does anyone know about how much it is to send my radio in for this kind of service.

thanks in advance for the help.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Krysta

Default RE: futaba t9zhp issues

Hi slammed2000,

From what you a describing, it does indeed sound as though the pot may be dirty or bad on your rudder.

TP modules do not have some of the required internal components needed by the 9Z. This is why it is recommended to only use the TK or TKFSS module in the 9Z. The overheating that you are noticing could very well be from use in the 9Z, one thing to make sure of though is that you are always extending the antenna to the first (thickest) portion which helps dissipate heat in the internal portions of the radio.

For information on sending items into our service center, please see our website at:
http://www.futaba-rc.com/service.html

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: slammed2000

well i have had my 9z now for a few years and i love it. however i moved recently and have not had a chance to fly in about two months so i got out all my equipment and planes and started to check things out. i have two issues. first which this was discussed in another post but am curious if both problems are possibly connected. my first thing is that when you move the throttle stick the rudder glitches a little. but not the ailerons when you move the elevator or any combo there of. now i am assuming that that is a dirty pot issue. i can deal with that. when i bought the 9z i upgraded from a fp-t7uap. which i still have and it works great. but i noticed that recently when i fired up the 9z the tx module is getting quit warm. the module that is in it came out of my 7uap which is a fp-tp-fm. now like i said this has all worked fine for over two years. don't know why that issue would have started. i am up for sending it in to be serviced which is what i am sure i wil l have to do to fix the glitch issue but is my tx module going bad or have i just been lucky all this time and not had an with the tx module since i just read in another post that they are not compatible. and are these possibly some how connected. and also does anyone know about how much it is to send my radio in for this kind of service.

thanks in advance for the help.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:23 PM
slammed2000

Default RE: futaba t9zhp issues

thanks krysta i appreciate it.