Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

7C ultra stick 40 Programming

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 08:32 AM
airboss82
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7C ultra stick 40 Programming

I think I'm close on my ultra stick 40 programming, but still have a couple of problems. I have the ailerons on channels 1 & 6, and the flaps on channels 5 & 7, flapperons on and the two p-mixes set. Problems...

1. When I select G-down (crow), the ailerons go up but only the left flap (ch. 7) goes down. The right flap (ch. 5) will only come
down if I pull switch E down. How do I get the right flap to work with the left one on crow and off the E switch?

2. I don't have any way to put down just the flaps. The VR switch does nothing. Is there any way I can make the E switch serve as
just flaps down.

3. I thought there was a way to get the flaps to work with the ailerons but haven't found it. Could I make G-up do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

Old 05-17-2006, 10:11 AM
pcinc
My Feedback: (29)

Default RE: 7C ultra stick 40 Programming

I just finished setting up a similar stick on a 9C with an 8 channel rec. I ran into a similar situation withathe left airelon not working correctly in the airbrake mode. The flaps were set up using the left slider switch, just make sure it's in the middle when you set the sub and endpoints. That way you will be able to have the flaps go up or down without the airbrake function. You have to go an assign it to the slider under switch assignment. What I ended up doing to straighten out the goofy airelon was change what I had assigned to the left airelon. For example; in the 9C you can assign it to ch 5 or 6 or you can assign channel 6 or 7. I don't remember where I had it, but when I switched it to the other option the airbrake worked perfectly with both airelons up and both flaps down by the amount set in the trim.
Hope this helps.
Good luck,
Peter
Old 05-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Krysta

Hi Jerry,

I am not sure what you have on switch E, you should have nothing on here unless switch E is your 3-position switch.

1. If you follow the FAQ (http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-7c-q774.html) and do a second Offset mix on channel 5 to the 3-position switch, as it mentions, then channel 5 should work with your switch.

2. Down flaps will be in the last part of the FAQ I mention, you'll just do this in the PARA menu.

3. Unfortunatley, the 7C does not have the mixing required for Full Span Ailerons.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: airboss82

I think I'm close on my ultra stick 40 programming, but still have a couple of problems. I have the ailerons on channels 1 & 6, and the flaps on channels 5 & 7, flapperons on and the two p-mixes set. Problems...

1. When I select G-down (crow), the ailerons go up but only the left flap (ch. 7) goes down. The right flap (ch. 5) will only come
down if I pull switch E down. How do I get the right flap to work with the left one on crow and off the E switch?

2. I don't have any way to put down just the flaps. The VR switch does nothing. Is there any way I can make the E switch serve as
just flaps down.

3. I thought there was a way to get the flaps to work with the ailerons but haven't found it. Could I make G-up do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

Old 05-18-2006, 01:51 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

In order for you to fully program an ultra stick to have the flaps become full strip ailerons, you need a radio that does 4 wing servo programming. In the Futaba line, the 9C is the first radio that can do this. As Krysta said, 7C can't do it.

The closest you can get would be to Y cable both left surfaces to one aileron channel, then both right surfaces to the other aileron channel. Now enable flapperons. Normally you will have full strip ailerons. However you will be able to use the flapperon mix to droop all four surfaces as flaps while still having some aileron capability.

I don't know if you can set up snap flaps (flaps follow elevator) but with the flapperon mix on this might work.

That is what I would do.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:44 PM
orleck
My Feedback: (1)

Can I add my problems with this and maybe you can see where I'm going wrong. I have worked my way through the 7C Faq at the bottom several times and it mostly works. If based on the "This will give you the following" part, I listed what I'm not quite getting. I was hoping you may be able to determine where I'm going wrong. Flaps are in channel 5&7 and Ailerons 1&6

This will give you the following.
3-way switch in the Up position will give you some Flap with your Elevator,

When I move the elevator the Ailerons move not the flaps. e.i. Up elevator also moves up both ailerons up.
in the Center position you will have normal functions of all channels,
Yes, I do.

in the Down position you will have Airbrake with up flaperons, down flaps, and down elevator (can be changed to up elevator if needed).
Yes, I do.

Switch B down will give you full down Flap. Flaps do go down but "NO" elevator movement

hopefully you can help.

Terry

================================================== =====================
The FAQ
Is the 7C capable of being used with a complex 7-servo aerobatic model with separate flap and aileron servos?
First you will need to plug your flaps into channels 5 and 7.
Next you will need to activate Flaperons. Then go into your Airbrake menu and activate it, again setting the percentages as needed.
Now you will want to go into your Elevator/Flap mix and activate it. Select your 3-position switch in the up position for this and once you have set your percentages as needed, you will want to make this active.
Then we will want to do two Pmixes.
The first one will be OFS as master, to channel 5 slave, put this on your 3-way switch in the Down position, and set the rate to +70%.
The second one will be Offset as master, to channel 7 slave, again put this on the 3-way switch in the Down position and set the rate to +70%.
Now you will want to go into Para and set channels 5 and 7 to Switch B if you would like to have Flaps alone on a switch.
3-way switch in the Up position will give you some Flap with your Elevator, in the Center position you will have normal functions of all channels, in the Down position you will have Airbrake with up flaperons, down flaps, and down elevator (can be changed to up elevator if needed). Switch B down will give you full down Flap.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Krysta

Lets see if this helps explain a little better:

1.) The Elevator/Flap setting is a default which allows for an amount of Ailerons (acting as Flaps) to be mixed with your Elevator movement. This default will not move the flaps that you have in channels 5 and 7.

2.) Switch B down will give you full down Flap. Flaps do go down but "NO" elevator movement
We did not set up a mix to switch B in the FAQ for Elevator movement with the full down flaps. There is not enough mixing capability in the 7C for this.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta Hunt
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: orleck

Can I add my problems with this and maybe you can see where I'm going wrong. I have worked my way through the 7C Faq at the bottom several times and it mostly works. If based on the "This will give you the following" part, I listed what I'm not quite getting. I was hoping you may be able to determine where I'm going wrong. Flaps are in channel 5&7 and Ailerons 1&6

3-way switch in the Up position will give you some Flap with your Elevator,

When I move the elevator the Ailerons move not the flaps. e.i. Up elevator also moves up both ailerons up.
in the Center position you will have normal functions of all channels,
Yes, I do.

in the Down position you will have Airbrake with up flaperons, down flaps, and down elevator (can be changed to up elevator if needed).
Yes, I do.

Switch B down will give you full down Flap. Flaps do go down but "NO" elevator movement

hopefully you can help.

Terry

================================================== =====================
The FAQ
Is the 7C capable of being used with a complex 7-servo aerobatic model with separate flap and aileron servos?
First you will need to plug your flaps into channels 5 and 7.
Next you will need to activate Flaperons. Then go into your Airbrake menu and activate it, again setting the percentages as needed.
Now you will want to go into your Elevator/Flap mix and activate it. Select your 3-position switch in the up position for this and once you have set your percentages as needed, you will want to make this active.
Then we will want to do two Pmixes.
The first one will be OFS as master, to channel 5 slave, put this on your 3-way switch in the Down position, and set the rate to +70%.
The second one will be Offset as master, to channel 7 slave, again put this on the 3-way switch in the Down position and set the rate to +70%.
Now you will want to go into Para and set channels 5 and 7 to Switch B if you would like to have Flaps alone on a switch.
3-way switch in the Up position will give you some Flap with your Elevator, in the Center position you will have normal functions of all channels, in the Down position you will have Airbrake with up flaperons, down flaps, and down elevator (can be changed to up elevator if needed). Switch B down will give you full down Flap.