Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Cross linking trims

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 07:03 PM
flyingdan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cross linking trims

Question:

I wish to place the trims for the two float servos that control float steering trim to another location other than rudder trim. So can I have the rudder and the floats controlled from J-4 keeping rudder trim on T-4 and the floats controlled by J-4 but trimmed on T-6?
Can that be done?

Thank you

Dan
Old 05-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Krysta

Default RE: Cross linking trims

Hi Dan,

I am thinking that you are asking this about a 14MZ, correct? Are you using separate servos for your floats? What is the configuration that you have set up now?
I am sure this can be done, I would just need to know what channels you are using for what functions, and how many of each servo you have.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: flyingdan

Question:

I wish to place the trims for the two float servos that control float steering trim to another location other than rudder trim. So can I have the rudder and the floats controlled from J-4 keeping rudder trim on T-4 and the floats controlled by J-4 but trimmed on T-6?
Can that be done?

Thank you

Dan
Old 05-18-2006, 03:17 PM
flyingdan
My Feedback: (5)

Hi Krysta

Yes I am using the 14 MZ. receiver is a Futaba 9 channel 1024. I have two servos in the floats on a Y Harness, which can be plugged into any other available channel, which ever channel that would allow this to work is fine. 1 rudder servo on channel 4, and all of the other servos in their usual channels, 2 on ailerons, 1 on elevator, 2 on flaps, and 1 on throttle. Airplane is the KMP Beaver.

I want to have the ability to trim the water rudders separately on Trim position T-6 if possible, but control them from the left stick J-4. Leaving the air rudder trimmed on T-4.

Does that explain it a bit more?

Dan
Old 05-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You would use separate channels for the water rudders (or a single channel and a "Y" connector). Set them to so that their main control is J4, and the trim to whatever trimmer you want to use. That would do exactly what you want to do. Set the AFR of the water rudders so that they get the amount of movement you want when you move the stick. No mixer is needed.

On my transmitter I used AUX 3, and set the trim to the LD knob. I then set the AUX 3 AFR to 45% in both directions. It worked very nicely. You can check this in the Servo Monitor screen. I think it will do exactly what you want.