Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12Z Pitch Programming

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 07:50 AM
Bayou Talker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12Z Pitch Programming

I have recently purchased a new 12Z and I am working on setup of my helicopters. I encountered one problem last night that has me puzzled. The heli was originally setup with my 9C transmitter and had +-10.5 degrees pitch. When switched over to the 12Z it only had +-8 degrees total travel. I am using a Futaba 9 channel PCM receiver (model#??) with the leads plugged in per the "old" designation as I wanted to still use my 9C as a backup. The only way I could achieve +-10 degrees was to set the ATVs at 130. All of the other servos have the same travel as with the 9C. Am I missing something?
Old 05-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 12Z Pitch Programming

No, you're not missing anything. Different transmitters have their default travel setups at slightly-different rates. Setting the ATV's to 130 was needed with the new transmitter to match the 9C's throws. The 9C doesn't have the same type of ATV vs. AFR adjustments as the 12Z, which is why you had to change the settings on the 12Z to match what you had the 9C set up for.

If you set up the heli with the 12Z first, using 100% on the ATV, you'd wind up using different holes on the servo wheels, and then likely have to reduce the settings in the 9C to match how it controls the heli.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Bayou Talker

So the set up the way that I have it now is OK to use with the 12Z? The servo and linkage is not in a bind. Are there any negatives to using this method? I ask because I have a few more helis to program.

Thanks for the response.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, it would actually be best to set up your heli so that the 12Z has the ATV set at 100%, and then re-do the linkages to get the pitch you want. Then just moderate the ATV in the 9C.

The "normal" movement in the 12Z should be at 100% only because it will give you more flexibility when the mixers are involved, and you won't possibly run out of movement if two mixers 'gang' together. The 12Z only has 155% as the limit to movement, and you're already at 130%, so you don't have any reserve for extra movement when the mixers add together.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Bayou Talker

Thanks Bax,

I am already using fairly big wheels on the servo now. I don't know if I have anything bigger. I might need to search for some online.

I setup a couple more helis last night and the pitch worked differently on each one. One of them worked perfectly with the current settings and the other one I had to add to only one side. Both of these helis are mechanically centered in all of the linkages with both transmitters. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. Could it be dependent on the actual receiver models? These helis have been setup for a while and I am not sure which model receivers are in each bird. They are all 9 channel PCM Futaba however.