Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12z and 149dp RX

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 03:54 PM
gjestico
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12z and 149dp RX

I find that when the 12z is selected to use 1024 encoding, as used on 149dp 9 channel rcvrs, that only 8 channels can be used ? is that true?
The ATV and function screens stop at the 8th channel. The manual seems to confirm this. If this is the case that really bites as I have many 149dp's in use that I need that 9th channel on.
waiting to find if this is true or I am just outsmarted by the radio to really let the futaba abuse fly[:@]

Greg
Old 05-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Krysta

Default RE: 12z and 149dp RX

Hi Greg,

The 12Z is capable of 9 channels when in 1024 mode, just remember that the 9th channel will be a simple on/off channel the same way it is in the 9Z. As such there is no ATV, DR, or any settings that are able to be applied to it.

Our radio comparison chart will show you the differences in channel choices in the different modes: http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/feature-compare.html

To access the 9th channel you will need to go to your Function screen, use the toggle to scroll all the way down past the Auxiliary channels to DG1 and assign a switch to it, this will now be an on or off 9th channel.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: gjestico

I find that when the 12z is selected to use 1024 encoding, as used on 149dp 9 channel rcvrs, that only 8 channels can be used ? is that true?
The ATV and function screens stop at the 8th channel. The manual seems to confirm this. If this is the case that really bites as I have many 149dp's in use that I need that 9th channel on.
waiting to find if this is true or I am just outsmarted by the radio to really let the futaba abuse fly[:@]

Greg
Old 05-26-2006, 08:39 PM
gjestico
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: 12z and 149dp RX

Yes thanks Krysta it is there exactly as you say it is. I was initially put off because the channel listing in the manual only goes to 8 channels. No mention of the dg1 channel. I must say the manual looks rushed out. Anyways, it works now i can finally retire my 9c

Greg